Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FMIC\'s Marketing of Jackson

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
    The only way to get your point across to Fender regarding Jackson guitars is with your wallet. If you support the company than go and buy a Jackson. That is buy a new Jackson from an authorized dealer...when you buy a used Jackson, the company isn't seeing the money. If that is all you buy, then the company really won't care what you want, since you won't buy it anyway. Support the company you love. I personally buy mostly used guitars, but then again I don't sit and ***** about the how the companies market them. Time will tell how Fender will handle this. So far it doesn't seem too bad to me. $$$$ talks...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have, four times, with three having been bought new. Decent selections in stores still elude me regardless of how many I've bought, and on-line is still the only place where I can truely shop around for different models and prices. Local Jackson dealers are nothing like local Fender dealers, where it's not hard to find ten to choose from at any given time.

I still think there's an ego issue there with Fender that will prevent them from doing the best they can. What would happen if Jackson did capture huge sales and become a highly-demanded instrument? Fender's own flagship guitars would lose a bit of prestige and attetion in the process, and I don't think they would allow such a thing to happen, and think that with Jackson they want a secondary line for a niche market and not one that threatens the sales of the primary line. In other words, I don't think Fender will even bother to try to get Jacksons into Fender dealers and give them the same support as Fenders get.

[ March 04, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Sephiroth ]

Comment

Fender would love it if Jackson would become huge..know why? Because they ARE JACKSON now. If Jackson starts selling Fender like numbers Fender is the one who will gain. Fender's products will always sell because of their heritage. Jackson will only become a great addition to the company, unless they lose sales and then $$

Comment

Fender would love it if Jackson would become huge..know why? Because they ARE JACKSON now. If Jackson starts selling Fender like numbers Fender is the one who will gain. Fender's products will always sell because of their heritage. Jackson will only become a great addition to the company, unless they lose sales and then $$

Comment

I'm such an old **** that I have no idea what 16 year-old beginning guitarists actually listen to today. I love Alexi's playing, but COB (and all of other extreme metal European bands) are severely underground compared to Korn or Limp Bizkit, which would theoretically limit their value as endorsers.

But on the other hand, maybe that sort of 'underground cache' would actually HELP Jackson if they could grab such endorsements. In other words, Jackson gets the rep of being the cool guitar that all the cool underground guys play, while PRS and Ibanez are the choice of mainstream sell-out posers who play the corporate music game--like Korn and Limp Bizkit, for example. Jeez, how "rebellious" is it for Fred Durst to be a Grammy presenter? He might as well stamp "Establishment" on his forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas:
            What Jackson needs to do is find up-and-coming guitarists. I know, they "dropped the ball" with Alexi...But how big can Bodom get? Bands like In Flames, Cradle Of Filth, Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall are the ones with steadily growing audiences now. Underground? Sure. Extreme? In cases.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I see what you're saying... but Alexi Laiho is a lot more popular as a guitarist... most people couldn't even name the guitarists of In Flames, Cradle of Filth etc., but everyone knows Alexi Laiho as a great player regardless of how much they love or hate Children of Bodom. Too bad we don't have Jon from Shadows Fall... those guys are definetely going to get bigger and bigger.

Comment

I have to agree that FMIC will push Jacksons into the dealers stores. Simply put Fender and Jackson guitars are two different beasts. Fender has the heritage, while Jackson has the hotrodded and unique aspect to their guitars. Jackson will not dip into Fender guitar sales, no matter how big they get.
              As an example let's take the Fender player. They have played fenders for a number of years. He is in a band (or side project) that is choosing to do some '80s metal/hard rock. The Fenders just are not giving him what he wants for tone, so he looks into a Jackson since that is what his Fender dealer also carries. It gives him the tone he was looking to get for that style of music and it plays well for him. Most likely he is not going to go out and start replacing all his Fenders with Jacksons.

Look at what most of the people of a particular style of music are playing. It tends to be a trend:
              Country - Fenders & some Gibsons
              Classic Rock - Generally Gibsons, & some PRS
              Hard Rock/Heavy Metal - Jacksons, Gibsons, Ibanez, ESP, PRS
              Blues - Predominantly Fenders

Besides they own Jackson now. It would be stupid not to push them to take market share away from ESP, BC Rich, and Ibanez. Of these three companies I think Jackson can make the most headway against BC Rich & ESP.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Speculation is that it'll be Gibson or ESP that Mustaine goes with.

Sorry but I am one of those "gotta see it to believe it" people, and will only believe Fender is doing a good job with Jackson distributor when the nearby Fender dealer has a DK-2 or RR on the pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                  Speculation is that it'll be Gibson or ESP that Mustaine goes with.

Sorry but I am one of those "gotta see it to believe it" people, and will only believe Fender is doing a good job with Jackson distributor when the nearby Fender dealer has a DK-2 or RR on the pegs.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you read the whole of this very thread
                  you'll see a number of posts saying that their local Fender dealers ARE carrying Jacksons now. Keep checking your local Fender dealer, or maybe mention to that dealer that many OTHER Fender dealers are
                  now carrying Jackson too. I'm sure your
                  local dealer wants to be in on a good thing.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I hope so.

Comment

yep like Dave said our fender dealer up here carries the jackson line now , and the old dist got axed as well , so as far as alexi and bodom go , they had deals from the finish distbutor so that could have had something to do with it , as now through fender most of the distbutors are the fender dist , up here anyway I am sure europe is probably the same , and if alexi and roope and ale got any kind of pr/a&r hastles like we [myself and Dave] did [for over 6 months] thats probably why they left , and it sounds like dave mustaine had the same problem ! lol ! the a&r staff [fmic] ****ed me around on guitar parts that I was gonna pay for , I didn't expect em free , and only till we said that we wanted compensation for our ad's that have been running for 6 months , then they got back to us asap ! lol !!! if alexi or roope Had to go through that kind of crap thats probably why they left ! lol !! but I've tryed a couple other guitar brands resently and nothing compares to a Jackson , nothing !!!! I would pay through the teeth for a import Jackson or Usa , than play any other brand of guitar , I would like to try those moore guitars and a comparision if I could get my hands on one up here . but also the cool thing about the fmic buy out is that the fender dealers up here have lottsa money lottsa money ! and the prices up here on imports [cause thats all they got in right now just the imports , the usa's are 6 to 8 months away ] warrior's and kelly's are about 20 or 30 dollars more than the deal we get em at through fmic ! lol !!! //Steve

Comment

Maybe I'm out of the loop here, but if Mustaine isn't endorsing Jackson anymore, who is he endorsing? Does he have an endorsement?

Comment

That ad from GW was done by me in october of 2002 b4 the takeover/buyout so that's why Marty is still in it. I never saw the reason to run the same ad more than once because I made time to create a new one. We never ran tons of ads and the deadlines were always a month or two apart which gave me time to drink a lot and come up with something new.

As for the web, those guys are swamped out there! Cut em some slack please, ever tried to balance out a dozen lines of products and try to make them all fit within their own market place, it's a task for sure. Web updates will come soon, it's just simply a learning curve that will be overcome very soon. For now, I've been building a new MotherShip but I cannot talk about it here since it would be a conflict of interests with the JCF. When I talk with the admins maybe we can speak more of it?

As for Dave and Alexi, etc., there are reasons that cannot be discussed in this format. They are valid, trust me.

As for the marketing, I know good things will come. I have faith and some insight into it all. No worries, it will be good if I have anything to do with it.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Long Live Rock and Roll,
                          KEvin

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The mystery continues...

Just remember one thing though... they don't have ONE GUY doing the web site, the catalogs, the ads, the product design, the artist relations.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ March 09, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

btw Kevin thanks for including us in that ad you did [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] this hassle I was talking about had nothing to do with you at all , just fmic , ..... ah how I miss the old days when you guys in Ft Worth ran things , if you talk to em [Fender] please please please tell em not to move any Jackson imports to mexico ! lol !!! those Japan dudes do awesome work , I'd hate to see those dudes out of work . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                                btw Kevin thanks for including us in that ad you did [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] this hassle I was talking about had nothing to do with you at all , just fmic , ..... ah how I miss the old days when you guys in Ft Worth ran things , if you talk to em [Fender] please please please tell em not to move any Jackson imports to mexico ! lol !!! those Japan dudes do awesome work , I'd hate to see those dudes out of work . //Steve
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It could be worse: Chinese Affinity Series DK-2s? OMG, Plywood Dinkies! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X