Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TIme for me to piss you off!

Originally posted by riotwatch:
    The rosewood is stunning, as well as the inlays. I would never be lucky enough to find a quilt top like that. Great score !!!!

How does it play?

Mama Riotwatch [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I was lucky enough to find her at Guitar Center. Imagine that? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

She plays REALLY sweet and the tone is to die for. I'm not sure if it's rosewood or pau ferro. The top is a 3/4"-1" solid quilt top, and the body is flamed/figured korina, and the inlays are abalone. She's the finest Jackson I've ever played, but my strat just feels more "right" for what I'm playing now.

It's probably the fattest neck I've ever felt on a Jackson. Same shape and thickness as a LP, except there is no neck heel, at all. Sounds awesome, and would be great for metal or blues. Has a great sound, but for some reason, I found myself struggling to keep up with my band (fast technical death metal) playing her.

Anyways, I added you to my AIM. Should log in sometime.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Re: TIme for me to piss you off!

We have a 58 LP Reissue and it has a neck like a baseball bat. I can barely get my hands around it [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I have seen some really light rosewood on a lot of guitars lately. In my honest opinion it is getting harder to tell what is Pau and what is rosewood. It is gorgeous none the less!!!!

Mama Riotwatch [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

[ March 04, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: riotwatch ]

Comment

Working...
      X