Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only been a member for a week, and already you are giving me gas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only been a member for a week, and already you are giving me gas...

Just picked up an '89 Turquoise Charvel Fusion Deluxe in pristine condition at a local music shop. I just couldn't resist it's total 80's shred vibe and outrageous color.
    This is actually a fantastic playing guitar. I can't put it down.

So here we go. I want more guitars. I can't look at all these cool pics around here and not become obsessed. I'm in the mood to go snoop the pawn shops and everything. Damn you all!

It only gets worse from this point forward. Start working a lot of overtime to pay for all your new guitars.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
      It only gets worse from this point forward. Start working a lot of overtime to pay for all your new guitars.
      +1 It becomes borderline exponential.:ROTF: Prepare to put a 2ND on the house
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Watch it, guitars are like coke, just one more!
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Yup, same happenned to me... When I joined the JCF, I had two guitars: A DR3 and an RR3R. Now, on top of that, Ive got a Charvel model 5 and 6, RR7R, DKMG, DK2, Custom Dinky, and a Kelly. Not to mention countless parts, bodies and necks. And now I just bought a Vetta last week. This place is the devil I tell you! THE DEVIL!!!!!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I think somebody warned you in your "welcome" thread... so don't complain... post pics instead!!!

This way you can get sweet revenge by inflicting your GAS on others...
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yep, the JCF is the worst place for GAS and that makes it the best place on fucking earth, along with the great info and cool members!

Btw, GREAT catch! Love turquoise.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Wait tell you get access to the classified section.... Fine instruments go floating through there...
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                  Wait tell you get access to the classified section.... Fine instruments go floating through there...
                  I know! I'm looking forward to that. I guess I need 100 posts first...better get busy.

I need to start saving my money too cause I am a sucker for a good deal.

Comment

I've been true to Charvel/Jacksons since the late 80s, but I'd never owned very many at one time. A year after joining the JCF I had 40 guitars. I finally came to my senses and I now keep it to around 10 or so....(which is still more than anyone "needs"). Gas is a terrible yet very fun disease. Enjoy!

P.S. Wanna check out someone with a REAL gas problem, look at Trace's site www.usacharvels.com. The man has an AWESOME collection!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                      P.S. Wanna check out someone with a REAL gas problem, look at Trace's site www.usacharvels.com. The man has an AWESOME collection!
                      Wow... That guy has got some nice instruments...

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                        I've been true to Charvel/Jacksons since the late 80s, but I'd never owned very many at one time. A year after joining the JCF I had 40 guitars. I finally came to my senses and I now keep it to around 10 or so....(which is still more than anyone "needs"). Gas is a terrible yet very fun disease. Enjoy!

Yea +1000! I now use a bath towel for a drool napkin when I'm checking out Trace's instruments:ROTF:
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Make sure you buy a double-wide trailer when the time comes.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Same thing happened to me. I˙ve been lurking around this place for a while and a few weeks later I bought an SL-1 soloist. Now I am already gassing for SL2H(snakeskin finish). Someday...

Comment

Working...
                            X