My first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first!

This is my first guitar ever! I really like it, but how do I compare to others? The manager at the Guitar Center helped me pick this one out.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...6-f34e97ce1fc6

I am not real sure how to post a pic, but here is a link to one that is on myspace.

Welcome to the JCF ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Congrats on a new guitar! It's a very good guitar for beginners. Much better than Ibanez GIO's or endless copies of Stratocasters that are made for beginners.

It's a low-end Jackson though...but I'm sure you'll get better guitars once you get better on playing guitar .

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forums Girly. Cool guitar you have there. That looks like a nice guitar. I normally hate the salesmen at Guitar Center, but at least they sold you a Jackson.

What kind of music are you into?

Damn, tell us a little about your musical preferences and influences.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

BTW, is that you on X Games?

Comment

First off: "Smile ". B. Welcome to the board. C. Get used to the one you have. D. Read all the stuff on the board. And 5. Buy a lot more guitars. And................................ get tough. This is a rough crowd.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
            Last edited by fett; 07-11-2006, 02:21 PM.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Welcome to the JCF. play the heck out of that one and make it yours.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Welcome, Heather! Always nice to have a female presence here...you can join the 4 others here

BTW here's how to post pics:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708

Let's see if this works:

Looks like a JS series? Nice color!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool. Welcome aboard!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

exactly as Ron said.. nice to have some females interested in J/C guitars for a change..
                    I'm sure some guys here -including myself- wished their girlfriends/wives did

Enjoy your stay.. it's a great place.

Comment

I am really so new to playing, but I really like rock, metal, prog., jazz, blues, etc. I am also open to learning anything new. I really like VH, Satriani, etc. I like attention so playing lead fits me well!

I have been taking lessons since I got the Jackson about 3-4 months ago and I want to progress as fast as I can, but sometimes I feel as though I am not studying the right things to get me understanding and playing clean and faster. I have been playing riffs and I know all my basic chords. Now I am moving down the neck plus adding in the 7 chords. My goal would be to be able to play by ear and jam with other players.

Yea, that is me at the X GAMES.

Comment

Hey gal, welcome aboard. I'm one of the other 4 Ron mentioned. Nice guitar!!

Comment

Welcome, and that guitar is a damn cool place to start!
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Welcome girlie! You have a Jackson JS-30. The difference between the others in that range are: JS-1 (reversed headstock, fulcrum bridge - entry level Fender strats have them) and JS-20 (fulcrum bridge but pickups are 1 humbucker and 2x single coil pups). Stick around long enough, and you'll be getting lots of GAS (Gear Aquiring Syndrome).
                            Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-11-2006, 04:08 PM.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just checked your myspace....damn girl you got enough hobbies? Good to see that you started with the Jackson.
                              Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Working...
                              X