No announcement yet.

My first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, 3 pages of Howdys for the hot chick and barely two for the guy who is about to be bumped to page 2
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't see you on Crimson's thread, Newcman!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX

I don't see you on Crimson's thread, Newcman!
        Is he a hot chick?

Didn't think so :ROTF:
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
          Is he a hot chick?

Didn't think so :ROTF:
          SSMB

I only posted in this thread because I didn't want you guys thinking anything was suspicious when I posted in Adam's introductory thread. I think it worked.

d'oh!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Sorry Heather... didn't mean to hijack your thread like this.

Hi!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm only posting because I am lusting after Troy Stetina. Save me some of the popcorn, me is getting hungry.

Comment

I think it is all good!!!!!! To bad there aren't allot more girls playing. Maybe they need to start posting on this forum! I have zero background in playing instruments, besides drums in middle school, and really didn't pay attention to music/groups etc. besides mainstream radio music.

Having said that, now that I look around at mainstream music I see zero girls in bands unless it is hard heavy metal or groups like The Donna's and I don't think I have ever heard their music on the radio. Plus most of the girls I have seen in male groups are playing bass instead of lead. The only girls I have seen that are hot looking and that played lead were in the 80's (Lita Ford, Joan Jett). Why don't you see women like that anymore, hot/aggressive lead? Just my observation though.

It looks like I have picked another hobbie that is somewhat male dominant. All in all I think it is great that some are coming out of the wood work, it is a huge encouragement to keep playing. I wish I had had that reception on some of the male dominant motorsports/sports I have participated in.

As far as my amp goes I got a Line6 SpiderII.

Comment

The two books I'd recommend the most are The Blues Bible - complete breakdown of the Pentatonic scales and modes (the building blocks of rock solos) - and Chords, Scales, and Arpeggios by Al Politano. Both have tab and standard notation.

Now for the books. I will definitely stick with Mr. Stetina and the Chords, Scales, and Arpeggios book looks like what I need as well or something similar.

I really want to move around the neck and most important have some idea of what scale/chord/note I am playing.

Comment

Welcome Heather. That is a nice first Jackson to start with. My first guitar was a crappy Harmony in the 70`s, total peice of firewood. I have been playing for over 30 years and I am not even average, not for lack of trying, but for lack of talent Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy then board Edited to say, you like Hunting-very cool, I can`t wait for Bowhunting to start!! My favorite is using my Flitlock Muzzleloaders for Deer-Turkey, pretty much everything. Jack.
                    Last edited by slayer; 07-13-2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe

Yeah, it's funny seeing everyone come out of the woodwork... people who haven't posted in months all of a sudden "heya howya doin *wink* *wink*"

Nah, I haven't PM'd anyone.
                      You guys are killing me-you little horn-dogs
                      Makes you want to move to georgia!!
                      Oh wait I live in Ga-Hmm.. Welcome aboard!!
                      "Howya dooooooinnnnnnn" *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink*
                      Last edited by charveljunkie; 07-13-2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Too funny!!!! ya horny bastads...

seriously though..... I dunno how to play at all... and I'm gonna use the "god" Mike Shannon's line ..."I leave that to the 'professionals'" I've heard this a few times now....

The info you horndogs posted on how to learn to play is usefull to me. I've had 11ish years of classical piano, and laugh all you want, but that is "hardcore" for piano like metal is to guitar.... If you can play tchaikovsky, you can play anything.... I joke that I can play guitar if I inlay it like a piano with black and white keys....

I bought the mel bay boook, and even though the songs are so 60 yrs ago, the book itself makes sense, I understand what the point is. Why does everyone scream bloody murder at the suggestion? I will order some of the stetina material to learn from as well.

So I say *thank you* horny bastads for the usefull info I would probably not have recieved if I posted the question myself... HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA

and i really dig the shaved doggy, but I gotta say.... I really prefer a shaved kitty! (damn did he really type that?*!%*@#$)

Comment

Joan Jett played a lead riff when?She is hot but shes a chunk a chunk player.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                          X