Hello all, new member here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam
    I imagine it's something of a two-way street: they hear and may answer questions and comments from members, but JCMI (or FMIC?) is technically in control of the content. Do you find a lot of advantages to this over a regular public forum?
    Jackson has no control whatsoever over the content. This is a regular public forum, albeit a very well, and fairly run one.

You will from time to time see product dissent here, unlike some other "company sponsored" boards. If someone starts trashing Jackson or Charvel here, there's really nothing the company can do about it. If the person is acting like an ass as they do it, the admins might pull the thread, but because the poster is acting like an ass, not because they are bagging out "the bestest guitar company in the world!"

There is an Ask Jackson section at the bottom of the board where Jackson's Marketing Dude has admin privileges. It's effectively our direct line to Jackson, although a few of the Jackson guys drop in to the regular forums to post occasionally.
    Last edited by VitaminG; 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yay! A smart newbie!

Welcome, Adam! Great intro...we're all looking forward to the arrival of your DK2M!

BTW, did you know it was the JCF who were responsible for coming up with the idea for the DK2M?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        BTW, did you know it was the JCF who were responsible for coming up with the idea for the DK2M?
        Stop tooting our own horn Ronnie boy.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

welcome, adam!!!
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
            Stop tooting our own horn Ronnie boy.
            :ROTF: Toot! Toot! Don't pollute!

Comment

Comment

I never found the final evidence to prove this - where is it? Personally I have no doubts, we invented the DK2M!

Welcome Adam! What finish did you order your DK2M in?

We need a poll to tell us how many DK2M's are sold to JCF'ers. I'd like to see that.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                    This is a privately owned forum with dealer sponsors. Jackson/Charvel/Fender don't sponsor this board to my knowledge.
                    Originally posted by VitaminG
                    Jackson has no control whatsoever over the content. This is a regular public forum, albeit a very well, and fairly run one.

You will from time to time see product dissent here, unlike some other "company sponsored" boards. If someone starts trashing Jackson or Charvel here, there's really nothing the company can do about it. If the person is acting like an ass as they do it, the admins might pull the thread, but because the poster is acting like an ass, not because they are bagging out "the bestest guitar company in the world!"
                    Ah, I see. I guess seeing the dealer sponsors and the more carefully moderated nature of the forum led me to believe it was manufacturer-affilliated.

It's a one-way street, then. There are the best of both worlds here - direct communication with the manufacturer and freedom to speak openly about it. That's awesome.

Then why isn't it single-hum with a reverse headstock, huh?? You dropped the ball on that one! j/k

Seriously, that doesn't surprise me one bit. The specs make WAY too much sense not to be customer-originated. As soon as I heard about it, it struck me as the guitar that everyone who knows and loves guitars of that style would say "Why doesn't Jackson make a production model with this and this... They'd make so much money, they don't even know."

We've all said things like that about different products or companies... that's why when I saw that it came in WHITE, well, yeah.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, everybody! I'm feeling comfortable here already.

Comment

So you're getting a white one then? I think those are the best-looking, and probably the best-selling! In fact, I believe the DK2M is the #1 seller right now for Jackson!

Also, what amp rig(s) do you have?

Comment

So you're getting a white one then? I think those are the best-looking, and probably the best-selling!
                        +1.

Welcome Adam! Good intro!
                        Make sure to post pics of the guitar when it arrives! It's an unwritten rule around here.

Comment

As far as I was concerned, the white one was the only one to get. I do like the Crimson Swirl and Inferno Red finishes, though.

Right now for my live rig I play a heavily-modified Carvin Carve Top and a not-very-modified 1963 Gibson SG Junior through a Splawn Pro Mod and Splawn 4x12. I also do a lot of home recording and demoing of songs with a PODxt and fruityloops.

I don't use any pedals live other than a Korg DT-10 tuner.

I have some varied and assorted other stuff laying around, but none of it is that interesting. It's the deep-rooted need I've had for a maple-boarded shred guitar that has led me here. I'll definitely post pics and probably a clip or two when I get it, but I figure that's still a few weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                            Then why isn't it single-hum with a reverse headstock, huh?? You dropped the ball on that one! j/k
                            aaah, you'll be after the DK2LE then! (apart from the non-reverse h/s)
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

(We thought of THAT, too!)

Comment

Working...
                              X