No announcement yet.

Watch! My Jackson in action !! (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch! My Jackson in action !! (Video)

Hello everyone, this is my trusty Jackson PS-2 and that dude is me.

I bought this guitar in 1999 I have used and abused it and now it sounds great, I replaced its shitty licensed floyd for a chrome Schaller and a year ago I installed an EMG 85 in the bridge slot.
    Now it sounds amazing, truth be told this thing smokes my KV2 with EMGs @ 18 volts in terms of sound, not so much in playability because it has lots of fretwear, Im almost out of fretwire and the KV2 is only a year old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jdQ_TlYioM

I replaced my trem with a chrome Shaller too and added an 85 (and 2 S') I also added the EVH D-tuna. I love the looks of my 650 but it doesn't play like my Charvel CS or my Floral Jem. It sure hammers out some chucky metal and it's a fav of all the leather dudes in the bars.

Comment

Damn, thats pretty close to mine !!!

It sure looks good, don't know about yours but my PS-2 is acoustically so bright sounding that the EMG85 is perfect for it in the bridge.

Is yours really bright too?

Comment

Yes it's got some high end and gain. On my high-gain channel, it's a good pickup for constant jamming but once I stop I rely on gate and muting to tame the fb. I used to have one of those India made Dinky Reverses that I put the KH 21 or 22 EMG kit in it. The 81 was too much. So this time around I went 85. My best EMG I own is the 89 in a sticker strat-style. It's easy to keep tame and the splitting pickup option is nice.

Comment

Sweet!! What amp and cab and speakers are you using? I love the tone bro Jack.

Comment

Alright, "Action Jackson"!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Nice playing.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
                Sweet!! What amp and cab and speakers are you using? I love the tone bro Jack.
                Thanks bro! Here's the rest of the signal chain but I gotta tell ya, 50% of what you hear is the 85 in the bridge, its got so much character and balls

The cab is a Framus CS 2x12", I believe its actually a dragon cab in a 212 format, same grill, same speakers, same construction...etc.

I replaced its Celestion V30 stock speakers and put a pair of Celestion V12-60s, I love how they sound at low to medioum volumes altough they take a crap when you push them real hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Freehill
                  Nice playing.
                  thanks man

Comment

Sweet!! Is that an ENGL Fireball? Hey man, I am a huge EMG 85 fan for the bridge The 81 just sounds so brittle, unless you use something to beef it up, the 85 has that pushed low/mids going on Jack.

Comment

nice job!! more!

Comment

Same Cab I'm gonna be buying! Insanely good bang for the buck! They're only like 300 euros here.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Nice tone man!! can't wait to get those EMG's wired tommorow I went with an 85 bridge and 60 in the neck and i tune to B, Im going with 18 volts
                          that's going to sound brutal, hearing your tone makes me happy with my desicion to go with an 85 in the bridge instead of the 81

Comment

You're headless!
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Great playin ! Superb Timing n even better Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X