Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi everyone I'm new here. I don't have a Jackson or a Charvel but I'm thinking of getting one. I've been playing metal and learning to shred a lot recently. All I have now is a Mexican Strat and an Epi Les Paul Special. I've got a Fender Deville 4x10 and a Marshall VS100R. I normally play a lot of classic hard rock and a lot of psychadelic and experimental stuff but I've been getting really into metal and harder music because of the talent it takes to play it. You can't just pick up a guitar and shred it to pieces. Also because I LOVE messing around with floyd rose like tremolo systems. So I found a used Randy Rhoads 5 with a transparent blue finish with some kind of Seymour Duncans for $400 at my guitar center. I really like the neck on this guitar, like a big flat C, is that how most Jackson necks are? The only problem is the pickup cages are cracked and the screws are rusted, there is also some rust on the pickups themselves. I'm not real worried about that because it sounds great but the licensed floyd rose is in really bad shape. The bar is very loose and it won't tighten, like it is stripped or something. There is also quite a bit of rust on it. I looked it over real well and I didn't see any cracks or fractures in the neck or body, just some really light dings around the edges. So I've got the serial number on it, I was wondering if there was a place that could tell me anything about the guitar or when it was made and whatnot. 9649309. I got it off the neck plate. Would it be worth it to buy it and get it fixed or not? Thanks.

The Rhoads sounds kinda used. You should probably buy it, or you could keep shopping for something nicer for the same money. Or you could buy that one and fix it....or not.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Oh and BTW, welcome!
      Here's a little tip for ya.....change your name to MexicanJewelGirlie, post a pic of some hot chick......and this thread will go crazy with responses!

Comment

Welcome. Sounds like an RR3 if it's a bolt-on neck and has a Floyd. An RR5 is neck-thru with strings that go through the body on a fixed tune-o-matic bridge. Post some pics, if you can.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh yeah, way to be serious Joetam.

Comment

Sorry, Mark. That's so not like me, huh?!?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks. I thought it might have been an RR3. The tag says RR5 but its at a guitar center so...I might just keep looking for something in better shape, I might buy it though. I'll be sure to let you know when I do get something. I'm sure it'll be a Jackson or Charvel either way.

Is this forum devoid of girls? I guess its like every other forum on the internet haha. I guess girls are usually the reason we end up selling guitars anyways. Who needs them?

Comment

we have a couple of regular posting female members, a couple more semi-regular, a few wives/gfs of regulars who signed up to join in the fun & post from time to time, and some lurker girls. Oh, and Heather, who signed up the last couple of days. Hopefully she'll stick about and become a regular.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X