Truss Rod faulty???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod faulty???

please dont reply in that thread as per the rules of that particular sub forum.

Posting hear as I'd like some idea's from members as well as an official response from Jackson.

Is that a faulty truss rod adjuster bolt head?
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

You may want to try a 3/16ths or 5/64ths allen wrench in there as those are between 4 and 5mm. I know it's not an answer you're looking for but it may be a solution for you for such a beautiful guitar -
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's hard to say exactly what the problem is, but from your description, it appears someone has rounded off the truss rod nut. I wouldn't think it would be a big deal. I'm sure you can get a new one from Jackson. Removing the old one is simple. Get a big screw extractor. It will screw itself into the allen wrench hole (threads are left handed) and wedge itself in there. Once it's wedged in nice and tight, it should start backing out the truss rod nut. Good luck Leon.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

SAME WITH MY GUITAR

i dont have a cs.. mine is an imported DK2 .. the other day i tried adjusting it and it was just round.. i tried to fit all sorts of sizes of allen keys but none did
        If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

as a side note, my 4 other jacksons ALL have reverse truss rod bolts, meaning the tool you use to adjust the truss rod is a 'female' socket as opposed to a 'male' allen key. whereas the CS appears to have a 'female' socket and requires a 'male' allen' key to make the adjustment.

I've also just tried about 10 different allen keys and none worked.

Do the CS place a different end peice on the truss rod while the guitar is being built and then put the final end piece on once its finished (to avoid paint/laquer clogging it up)? or is this just a foobar'd truss rod?

weird tho how this is the only Jackson i own that doesnt have a 'male' truss rod end.....
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Of the Jacksons I've seen (all built after 2001), they used "female" truss rod nuts like the one in your pictures. Did lacquer get into the nut? Could that be why the 5mm won't fit?

Comment

I had problems with a truss rod until I used an allen wrench with a 'ball end' - have you tried one of those?
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

All of my USAs came with an allen wrench that have a ball end, and clearly say 3/16 on it. The truss head isn't metric.

Comment

can you take a photo of the ball end allen wrench please, never even heard of one of those.

cheers
                  My music:
                  www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Here ya go - the dullest photo ever

Comment

lol

never ever seen one of them in the UK

seems i'll have to go out and buy an Imperial set of allen keys and hopw one of them works otherwise i have no idea what i'm gonna do.....
                      My music:
                      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

They normally come supplied with the guitar, so Rich might have one, so you could always drop him a line. Failing that, talk to a guitar tech, or try to source one of those keys from a guitar parts supplier (stewmac etc). There are various companies over here who supply that sort of stuff, so you should be able to find one.

You're unlikely to get anywhere with a normal allen wrench, other than making a mess......

Comment

Ok, I'm a little confused as to when Jackson started using these "female hex truss rod adjusting nuts". My 06 DK2M doesn't have that kind of nut, and I've not seen a Jackson with it at all. What's up? What a cheesy idea in the first place!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Not to highjack on purpose...

But what does the English term "foobar" translate to in American English?
                            I seem to remember a joint callled "the foobar".

..thanks.

Comment

phonetic spelling of the term used in the film Tango & Cash FUBAR

fucked up beyond all recognition
                              My music:
                              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X