Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G R E E N project mutt. Yes, green won.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G R E E N project mutt. Yes, green won.....

Well actually blue won by a hair, but it was close enough I went with green anyway. For all of you who voted blue, I'm sorry. Send me your paypal adresses and I'll send you each 50 cents for your trouble. It's the least I could do. Besides, my wife picked green too.....so there ya go.

Specs:

Genuine wood body
    Genuine wood neck
    Genuine electronics with real wire and everything
    Real metal screws
    Genuine Budman trim throughout
    Fake ass cheapo Charvel USA decal I made on my cheapo Chinese printer
    Genuine Charvel USA Fort Worth Texass pot metal neck plate

Enjoy! More pics to come.
    Oh yeah, the FR lock nut shelf was made from a cheapo piece of hobby shop soft ass dowel stuff. Probably genuine chinese Softwood. If the screws don't hold well I'll probably have to go to plan B.

Now the cool part.........the HOK neon green has to be seen in person to be appreciated! I think even Dweezil would go blind tyrying to look at this shit!!! So far so good. I know the decal says "Made in USA", but after all, all the mods were done here, right?

Here's the accumulation of parts. All came from JCFers BTW. Thanks bros!!!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Looking good make sure and post some finished pics up.....
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Cool Mark! HOK is great stuff. Did you just use a Kandy over a white base?
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

YOU BASTARD!!

OK, take 50c off the neck project...uh...that I haven't sent you yet!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

always love your work man!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Looks good man...the Shrek Custom Model

I still want the floyded banjo prototype

Comment

That is going to look cool when it's completed.

Comment

Love the green. Back in 1988 I did a strat up in a day glo green and it looked pretty cool. Is that a House of Kolor ----color?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                  Cool Mark! HOK is great stuff. Did you just use a Kandy over a white base?
                  Yep. Their "neon" Shimrin bases are all translucent (candy) bases. You can achieve different hues by using different shades of white/off white bases, or even silvers and golds, but I used pure white on this one. I just wanted it to be bright.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    YOU BASTARD!!

OK, take 50c off the neck project...uh...that I haven't sent you yet!
                    Oh, so you voted blue huh? Damit Ronny, I thought I've taught you better than that!

Comment

That's going to look killer when it's done.

Comment

ah, my eyes!!

So when can we see the finished product? huh? HUH?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I hope your not using rattle cans! The shit never seems to harden fully.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Didn't someone build a reverse head import greenie like this a number of months back???
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have to say the green looks better in real life than in the mock up. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X