The newest newbie is here! Intro, questions, and a confession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The newest newbie is here! Intro, questions, and a confession

Hi all, I'm excited my account is finally validated...

I'm 22, senior in college, been playing for 7 years. My main axe has been my MIJ Jackson KVX10 since I bought it 5 years ago. (now w/ gibson 490R and 498t pups.) Favorite bands are King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Cryptopsy, DragonForce, and some jazz. I am Chinese and I noticed there are a lot of hostility towards Chinese due to those infamous ebay auctions. Tho I don't blame you...

Now here comes the confession. I recently bought a Jackson Kelly Professional Pro neck thru on Ebay...........from Carrguitar. I checked his feedbacks and it seemed like he's reliable. I found this site while doing research after I had recieved the guitar. It didn't take long for me to realize that he's considered an absolute scum by the JCF. But there's no way I could've known...so please forgive me for dealing with an enemy.

Now I have became quite paranoid about the genueineality of my kelly after I found out Carrguitar's past. And upon closer inspection, I noticed that the ® symbol is missing on the headstock. After researching a bit on the internet (mainly jacksonguitar.org) I noticed several of Jacksons missing the ® on the headstock after the Jackson logo. My questions are that could these guitars be fake? if not, what caused the inconsistency? Do you ever notice the ® when you shop for guitars? and does your guitars all have the ® on the headstock?

Here are the specs of my Kelly pro in case you want to know:
    On the head stock it says "Jackson Professional." On the truss rod, it says "Kelly Pro". MOP inlays in jackson logo and shark. bound neck and headstock. Neck thru. J90 bridge pickup (forgot the neck pickup). Jackson made in Germany trem. Serial no. J400945 indicated on the last fret. Total cost $735 from Carrguitar.

Lastly, I'm just really glad I could join and post! I waited for a week for my account validation. I will do my best to contribute to this board. But this place had already infected me with some MAJOR GAS! Cheers!!

Welcome!

I dont think the guitar is fake. It's not that easy to fake a guitar like that.
    I don't know much about that carr guy, bu he seems like a collector that buys every Jackson professional on ebay and then resells it for profit .

Congrats on a guitar, post some pics too!

Comment

Welcome to the board! First, if I can speak for all, there is not a measure of hostility towards China here on the forum. Any manufacturer or builder for that matter, that falsely represents a product, such as these Gibson copies etc. on eBay would be considered not well liked (Making Gibson Les Paul's with "Made In USA" on them is blatant). It doesn't matter what country the instrument comes from. The forum members here are from all over the globe.

So, welcome again and someone with more knowledge on Jackson "Pro's may be of help.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Welcome Crazyfist! I've heard of some bad dealings with him too, but I bought my KE3 from him with no issues and the price was right too. I do see him overcharge for some stuff because of it's "collectibility" but I've seen that Kelly Pro on the Bay and it looked genuine to me.

Enjoy it!
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Welcome. While I do not have any info about your guitar, I will say that this is definately the place to find out about all things Jackson/Charvel. I am sure if you post some pics a lot of people will chime in.

Welcome..
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
            Welcome to the board! First, if I can speak for all, there is not a measure of hostility towards China here on the forum. Any manufacturer or builder for that matter, that falsely represents a product, such as these Gibson copies etc. on eBay would be considered not well liked (Making Gibson Les Paul's with "Made In USA" on them is blatant). It doesn't matter what country the instrument comes from. The forum members here are from all over the globe.

So, welcome again and someone with more knowledge on Jackson "Pro's may be of help.
            Bengal65, thank you for clearifying the board's attitude. I really hate for my post to go political, but I have to defend the Chinese as I am one of them, but at another time...

And just so we all know, Chinese guitarists can shred like motherfuckers. There are many Herman Li's where I come from.
            Last edited by crazyfist88; 07-20-2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Oh yea, I know this board likes pics. Currently I have the kelly striped clean of electronics as I am expecting Dimarzios shipped to me this afternoon. I will post pics as soon as I install them pups.

Comment

Well aboard, fellow Asian...
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyfist88
                  ..and does your guitars all have the ® on the headstock?
                  Not my 1993 Rhoads Pro. If it's a copy then i'd like some more copies, please It's my main player in a mixed USA / Japan Jackson camp. Welcome cf88!
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Welcome CrazyFist! As was stated, we're definitely not racist around here, until it comes to manufacturers who make cheesy ripoffs, and do it poorly

Anytime you see one of us post a derogatory comment about anyone in that type of thread, rest assured we're only talking about those particular people, not "the Chinese population in general".

However, feel free to apply "lazy American" to everyone - we earned it :ROTF:
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by crazyfist88
                      I'm 22, senior in college, been playing for 7 years. My main axe has been my MIJ Jackson KVX10 since I bought it 5 years ago. (now w/ gibson 490R and 498t pups.) Favorite bands are King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Cryptopsy, DragonForce, and some jazz. I am Chinese and I noticed there are a lot of hostility towards Chinese due to those infamous ebay auctions.
                      Here are the specs of my Kelly pro in case you want to know:
                      On the head stock it says "Jackson Professional." On the truss rod, it says "Kelly Pro". MOP inlays in jackson logo and shark. bound neck and headstock. Neck thru. J90 bridge pickup (forgot the neck pickup). Jackson made in Germany trem. Serial no. J400945 indicated on the last fret. Total cost $735 from Carrguitar.
                      Hey, welcome, crazyfist!

I also have a KVX10 and a cool shaped PRO (Warrior) and live in SoCal and like KD/MF! Are you by any chance FEmale?

Anyhoo, yes Carr is known here for buying cool axes on eBay and either selling 'em whole for way more a few weeks later, or parting them out to flip. I guess he is less a Jackson fan than a cruel businessman.

Your Kelly is certainly not fake and was made in the Japan factory in 1994. The trem is known as a JT-590 (Schaller), a pretty good one. The body wings are poplar and it retailed for $1595 new. The PRO series is considered the top of the line import and was pretty much the same specs as a USA. See http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page07.htm for the catalog page for your Kelly.

Your KVX is MIJ you say? Only 2002 - current are, you must have got an '02...ser# should be 96xxxxx.

What amp(s) do you use?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        Hey, welcome, crazyfist!

I also have a KVX10 and a cool shaped PRO (Warrior) and live in SoCal and like KD/MF! Are you by any chance FEmale?

What amp(s) do you use?
                        Sorry man, I'm a dude. I live in the OC too but I go to school in LA. If asian chicks' your thang, there are plenty around the University of Chinese Immigrant (UCI). And yeah, my KVX10 starts with 96. I use a marshall MG half stack. Thanks for the catelogue link man.
                        Last edited by crazyfist88; 07-20-2006, 07:55 PM.

Comment

You'll just have to excuse Ronny. He was in hopes you were a cute young asian chick from CA who would go crazy over his long hair and good looks. He's wierd like that....
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

What long hair?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                              What long hair?
                              Welcome Man!!
                              Still have not seen those pic yet Ron...and nice description of your posts under your avatar :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X