Identification help 1987-88 Charvel by Jackson/Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification help 1987-88 Charvel by Jackson/Charvel

Please help me identify my Charvel/Jackson, what model it is and where it was made. Thanks!

Charvel by Jackson/Charvel neck through, deep purple metallic, 2 hums EMG's (I believe), active tone control, 24 frets, floyd, 100% all original. S/N C703053. Plays great. I believe I paid about $900 new, I remember it was Sam Ash in Paramus, NJ, 1988. This has a floating floyd and I remember playing only it for back to back gigs and never having to tune up once, even though the floyd got a work out.

Last edited by Tremendo; 07-29-2006, 02:59 PM.

Not 100% positive but I think its a 1987 model 5...and they are jackson pickups not EMG's J90's maybe......that would make it an import so they might move your thread to that section
    Last edited by quakana; 07-29-2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dave. I'm surprised at the high serial #, but that might be because it could be an import. Cost me more than my San Dimas Charvel #1501. I'd like to at least find out exactly what it is, I will start to research what you think it might be. Active Jackson pickups (with internal battery). Cool, didn't know they made them back then.

Comment

Not sure of the Model # but it is definitely a later 80s import Model Series!!

Comment

I think the pups are passive and the electronics are active with the battery
          This thread has a model 5 that looks the exact same as yours

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57509
          Last edited by quakana; 07-29-2006, 03:43 PM.

Comment

correct, Dave, that's an 87 Model 5 with the JE-1200 preamp and 2 J80C pickups (passive). Beautiful guitars and worth every penny.....welcome to the board -
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
              correct, Dave, that's an 87 Model 5 with the JE-1200 preamp and 2 J80C pickups (passive). Beautiful guitars and worth every penny.....welcome to the board -
              Thanks guys! Should I take it that it was made in Japan, and it is considered a good one? Would I hurt any potential future value if I modded it at all, or are these more players, not so much for collecting?

Comment

Originally posted by Tremendo
                Thanks guys! Should I take it that it was made in Japan, and it is considered a good one? Would I hurt any potential future value if I modded it at all, or are these more players, not so much for collecting?

correct, made in Japan, and yes, it's a great one, and as much as some may give you some "shite" about modding it, there were a LOT of these made so feel free to do whatever you want with it. After all, it's yours!
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Grab ya some bondo and sandpaper....and let the creativity flow!
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

NOOOOO DONt MOD IT>. lol sorry i had too. Go for it. Its not a minty san dimas so have at it. The whole model series are great guitars. I've had a ,model 3 and a model 6 and played all the othe rones and was never disappointed. Enjoy it i know i would.
                    Gil

Comment

I say mod away as well. Solid players but will probably not ever reach "collector" status.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I say Mod it if you like-sod the collectors,you bought it to play it,make the guitar how you want it,not for some investor idiot who wouldn't even touch it for fear of devalueing it

I modded my 1985 USA B.C.Rich Bich 8 string Supreme bass,1 of only approx 20 ever made-I added a Badass 1 Bridge to it-do I regret it?-No Way,it's My bass and apart from 3 new holes-it's still mint:ROTF:

Nice Guitar
                        http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                          And Ve Haff a Vinnah!

Comment

Only on this forum will you see guys drop the subject of the naked hottie on the "dudes," screensaver for a model 5!! Lol! Nice Model 5 though!!
                            I love admins!

Comment

1987 Model 5 Black Cherry Paint. I have one just like it also a model 6 and Model 4 same color...all Kick Ass....

Comment

Working...
                              X