Noobie hello and introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobie hello and introduction

Hi everybody, I have been lurking around in the froums for awhile, and I have decided to introduce myself.

I am a ESP user with a 2005 LTD Axxion Dave Mustiane guitar and a piece of crap Roland Micro Cube (I am a high school senior on a budget).

I have always wanted a Jackson, but I have to wait for that. Right know I am looking to buy a new amp and looking into purchasing the DiMarzio X2N to replace the bridge pickup (Duncan JB) on my axe.
    Last edited by Elfastball7; 07-30-2006, 07:32 AM.
    Gear--- 2005 ESP LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion
    Roland Micro Cube

Welcome aboard Elf! Unlike many others I think the Axxions are great guitars. Have fun with it, and post pictures!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Hi Elf … well as you see from my posts I’m new here too, though I’ve been playing for decades & post a lot on other forums (18watt.com, Tokai forum, les Paul forum, TDPRI).

Just re. the Microcube … I’ve never heard that amp, but for a low price the Cube-30 is a great little practice amp (or Cube-60 if you want to gig it)…I compared it at home to Tech21-T10, Vox AD30VT, Marshall MG-30DFX and Zoom Fire-30…won’t “diss” the others because guys here may have them & may like them, but just say I loved the Roland for tone (eg on Brit Combo, or on Blackface for clean) … the Vox & Tech21 were pretty good too. Of course if you have lots more $$$ then there are loads of good amps (depending what tones you want).

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiddles
        Hi Elf … well as you see from my posts I’m new here too, though I’ve been playing for decades & post a lot on other forums (18watt.com, Tokai forum, les Paul forum, TDPRI).

Just re. the Microcube … I’ve never heard that amp, but for a low price the Cube-30 is a great little practice amp (or Cube-60 if you want to gig it)…I compared it at home to Tech21-T10, Vox AD30VT, Marshall MG-30DFX and Zoom Fire-30…won’t “diss” the others because guys here may have them & may like them, but just say I loved the Roland for tone (eg on Brit Combo, or on Blackface for clean) … the Vox & Tech21 were pretty good too. Of course if you have lots more $$$ then there are loads of good amps (depending what tones you want).

Ian.

Speaking of tones I like, I prefer a old-school thrash Marshall JCM 800 type of sound with screaming soaring leads. I also like the old school death metal sound a la older Death and Morbid Angel. And I would love to have a tube combo amp that can replicate those sounds.

I am also looking into getting the DiMarzio X2N humbuker pickup to put in the bridge. Does anyone know anything about it?
        Last edited by Elfastball7; 07-30-2006, 02:53 PM.
        Roland Micro Cube

Comment

Hi welcome aboard. I have the X2N in my RX10D and my RR3, great pups. Great tone. It's not shrill.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfastball7
            (I am a high school senior on a budget).
            +1, except I've wasted ALL my money on guitars for the past five years. Welcome aboard!
            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

+2 Follow, except I'm at university, so like two years ahead or something. All of the money goes into gear.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Guitars, gear I call that an investment not wasting money.You can always sell for damn near what you paid.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Lots of great stuff. Stay in school, get an education, college etc.! And before you know it you can afford a big guitar collection like many members on this forum!

+1 on the Micro Cube. That's the amp I play late at night when everyones asleep!
                  Last edited by Bengal65; 07-30-2006, 01:18 PM.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb
                    Hi welcome aboard. I have the X2N in my RX10D and my RR3, great pups. Great tone. It's not shrill.
                    Did you keep the neck p/u? which is what I want to do (keep my Duncan Jazz for cleans)
                    Roland Micro Cube

Comment

Yep, I never use my neck pup anyway. But yeah I think you'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                        Guitars, gear I call that an investment not wasting money.You can always sell for damn near what you paid.
                        True, most of the time I either broke even or made a little bit re-selling them on eBay to people in Europe.
                        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Welcome to the forum El! You don't own a Jackson yet? You will. It is impossible to be here and not start gassing for a new axe. By this time next year you'll probably have a small collection going.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Let's see some axxion.Post pictures
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                              X