DiMarzio EVO2 in SL/KV...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio EVO2 in SL/KV...

how does EVO2 sound in a neck thru jackson like sl1, kv2...?

I haven't been a big fan of ceramic pickups because most of the usualy suspects sound stiff and compressed on the top. But I do like the cruchy bottem. I have ruled out duncan distorion, duncan custom, super distorion, evolution...
    the discription of EVO2 on DMZ's website seems interesting.
    vwall had a small patch of sl2 stocked with those? how do they sound?

the LTD purple run had Dimarzio Super 3's in it. Not Evo's.
    I would prefer Evo's as those are my main pup... those and EMG's.

But most people cant playthe Evo's clean enuff because they are so sensative and hot.
    I never had a problem with them. I rate the Evo as one of the best pups on the market but remember all pups, no matter how good will sound different in each guitar.

Comment

all my Jakcsons are loaded with EVO2 bridge and Evo Neck

love em sound awesome!
      My music:
      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1
        all my Jakcsons are loaded with EVO2 bridge and Evo Neck

love em sound awesome!
        how does it compare to more popular models, like JB, duncan custiom, TZ, super distortion...
        can you tell which of VAI's track was recorded with EVO2 instead of evo?

Comment

I dont have the luxury of extra cash to throw around to just throw pickups in my guitars willy nilly to see how they compare, and I dont pimp guitars shops every weekend trying out stuff I have no intention of buying so I cant help you in the comparison department sorry, I just know that to my ears with my gear both my King V's and Soloists rip my skin off with evo's in and i love em.

plus I dont like Vai, masterful technician he may be, but I've seen car crashes with more songwriting ability, I dont use Evo's coz signed artist X does.

sorry i cant be anymore help there, maybe find a shop local or another player local that has a guitar loaded with Evo's and ask for a try out?
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

try the custom custom
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
            X