PC-1 vs. PC-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 vs. PC-3

did a search - can't find anything... what's the difference between the two and what sort of price should i be looking at (in £sterling if poss)? is the PC3 a discontinued model?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

The PC3 is discountinued.
    Other than being similar in appearance, they are nothing alike.
    PC3 has a thinner neck than a PC1, Duncan Designed pickups, JT580LP trem and has a paper thin vaneer top. And most important of all... no sustainer.
    You can get a used PC3 for around $400 to $500 US, but I have seen some go cheaper.
    A PC1 will run you at least 3 to 4 times that much.
    -Rick

Comment

Also, the neck on a PC3 is "Plain Jane" maple, no flame fretboard and no 1/4" sawn neck wood.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
        Also, the neck on a PC3 is "Plain Jane" maple, no flame fretboard and no 1/4" sawn neck wood.
        My PC3 had a quilt maple fret board, plain maple neck.
        -Rick

Comment

so it's a pc1 with internal organs. thanks, but i'll pass.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
            so it's a pc1 with internal organs. thanks, but i'll pass.
            I don't get it.

PC1 = Made in USA, all the bells and whistles
            PC3 = Made in Japan, good guitar, no bells and whilstles
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
              I don't get it.

me either

I love the sustainer systems in the PC-1's
              “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                I don't get it.

I'm curious as to what "external" organs would be... oh, I figured out a few.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I think he means without internal organs, those being the sustainer and the upgraded pickups.

I tried to get a PC3 on ebay a while back but when the bidding went to right under $700, I decided to focus on a PC1 instead.

In fact there's a PC3 on ebay now, but it has the vintage trem, which I do not want. I also found a green PC3 for $399 at a music store online, but it too had the vintage trem.

I knew the PC1 and PC3 were different, but I had no idea that there were that many differences.

Comment

Yup, my bad, i was distracted (boobs!) whilst typing.. I meant to say a PC3 in my eyes is a PC1 withOUT any internal organs.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Some older PC3s also came with a Wilkinson VS50 trem (not really a vintage-type trem, but non-locking) instead of the JT580LP Floyd.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

always though the PC-1 was 2 better than the PC-3....
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Also, on the PC1, the flame maple board is more figured than on the PC3. Having built guitars from scratch and choosing woods in bulk, it's real difficult to get a consistant figured flame or birdseye for that matter. I bet Jackson has a big scrap barrel for all the flame boards that have been rejected during the final cutting process to get one that meets their quality standards.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                            Yup, my bad, i was distracted (boobs!) whilst typing.. I meant to say a PC3 in my eyes is a PC1 withOUT any internal organs.
                            Boobs do distract me also. I understand.

Comment

I recall a PC2 what the differences between the PC1-2-3?

Comment

Working...
                              X