Hello from across the ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dynamike
    Do I already have it when I check the Jackson section on ebay on a daily basis. And ask the owner of the local music store every other month or so to show me his tucked away unused 1987 Jackson custom Explorer, black with pink grid stripes and Kahler trem, which keeps calling me in my dreams?
    Man, you're DOOMED!!!:ROTF:

Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay and the dozens of guitars you are going to buy soon.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      The symptoms increase exponentially when you join the JCF!
      +1
      with regard to GAS you'd better quit your membership and run as far as you can...

@dynamike; no, mine is not signed.
      it's a japanese one (model 5 FX), so we have just the finish in common.

here's a pic of mine;

the finish looks a bit different, but I just love it in general.
      I suck really bad in taking pictures, but it does show a lot of shades of red in it as well as some yellow.

to that ocean thing; I can understand that. there is a whole lot of people from our other side of the ocean on this board and everyone's speaking english, that can make you forget about the others.
      just wanted to express I'm glad to see a new german member!!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Welcome here Mike. That was a great introduction. I dig the Kruger guitar.

Do yourself a favor and grab that Explorer while you can. Jackson won't make them anymore. They refuse to make Gibson style body shapes since Fender bought Jackson/Charvel.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hey!
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
            The symptoms increase exponentially when you join the JCF!
            .......... and that ain't no joke.

Welcome, Mike. Best intro I think I've seen here. My story's similar to yours in that I was just getting started good back in '87 when I met my better half and sold my gear to buy her an engagement ring. Love..... whatcha gonna do? Anyway, spent a bunch of money 2 years ago cuz I got the itch again. My wife keeps wanting to scratch it, though.

"But honey, I have to have that guitar. Besides, I can resell it for almost what I paid for it. It's an investment."
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by micha
              +1
              with regard to GAS you'd better quit your membership and run as far as you can...
              Damn, too late! I am hooked already!

Originally posted by micha
              @dynamike; no, mine is not signed.
              it's a japanese one (model 5 FX), so we have just the finish in common.

here's a pic of mine;

the finish looks a bit different, but I just love it in general.
              I suck really bad in taking pictures, but it does show a lot of shades of red in it as well as some yellow.
              It's a beauty and I dig the slanted single coil!
              the curtains flew and he appeared saying, don't be afraid
              -- BÖC

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                Welcome here Mike. That was a great introduction. I dig the Kruger guitar.

Do yourself a favor and grab that Explorer while you can. Jackson won't make them anymore. They refuse to make Gibson style body shapes since Fender bought Jackson/Charvel.
                Thanks Scott!

Man, the Explorer really keeps haunting me. But then my budget is just a little tight right now and the man is not too eager to sell it. At least not for a price I cannot say no to. Or maybe he is just smart when it comes to reading my facial expressions when I'm near the damn thing. Waiting for me to come around, wild-eyed, dumping insane amounts of cash into his deep, deep pockets!
                -- BÖC

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
                  Man, you're DOOMED!!!:ROTF:

Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay and the dozens of guitars you are going to buy soon.
                  :ROTF: Thanks, shadowcat, especially for your encouraging diagnosis and straightforward assessment of the situation.
                  -- BÖC

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey
                    .......... and that ain't no joke.

Welcome, Mike. Best intro I think I've seen here. My story's similar to yours in that I was just getting started good back in '87 when I met my better half and sold my gear to buy her an engagement ring. Love..... whatcha gonna do? Anyway, spent a bunch of money 2 years ago cuz I got the itch again. My wife keeps wanting to scratch it, though.

"But honey, I have to have that guitar. Besides, I can resell it for almost what I paid for it. It's an investment."
                    Thanks, mhalsey

it is great to read that you can relate. Like your wife my (now ex-) girlfriend could not really understand what I found in playing the guitar all by myself in the living room. But then, I did not really try to explain. I met her after I had already started playing again. I think her only guitar-related comment was, "Normally I cannot get along with guitar players too well." Hhm. In the end, I guess, I was no exception.
                    -- BÖC

Comment

Hi Mike, welcome aboard. I sold one of those signed firecrackle Jacksons not too long ago. It´s the best graphic finish. I just cannot live with clamp trems too well.

Off course you´re on the hook with the Kelly and of course the guy from the shop knows already. Have fun and post pics of the Kelly if you decide to get it. Pics are important here.

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel
                        Hi Mike, welcome aboard. I sold one of those signed firecrackle Jacksons not too long ago. It´s the best graphic finish. I just cannot live with clamp trems too well.
                        Yeah, initially I was a little concerned with the JT-6. But after changing the strings a couple of times it's okay for me. I may try an OFR on the Freddy sometime though.

Off course you´re on the hook with the Kelly and of course the guy from the shop knows already. Have fun and post pics of the Kelly if you decide to get it. Pics are important here.
                        Actually it's not a Kelly but an Explorer style like this one in the gallery:

I did not even know that Jackson used to make this type of body before I saw it.
                        -- BÖC

Comment

Yup

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page24.htm
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

On a side note: Dave's replacement parts just hit my mailbox. YES!

Dave rules! That is less than a week shipping time (with a weekend in between) via regular USPS Air Mail.

I guess I'll be needing to go home early tonight. Can't wait to work on the Freddy.
                            -- BÖC

Comment

Hello from a few hundred miles south, and welcome

Comment

Welcome aboard! I started playing guitar around '86 or '87... I still suck!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X