Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Charvel Strathead Project

Hi All,

I have a new Charvel.....I should say 1/2 a Charvel anyway. I have always wanted an older Charvel Strathead (dreamed about it when I was much younger in the 80's) but couldn't afford one. So...I got the next best thing. I recently aquired a Charvel "strat" body. At least I am about 99% sure it's a Charvel body. I checked it against many photos I could find of bodies showing the routes and I am positive it's the same. Anyway.....

I picked up a pretty decent strat neck and after sanding it down a little to make it more to my liking, I finished it and applied the Charvel logo. Putting it together was pretty basic even though using some aftermarket parts made it a challenge to get everything lined up right. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results. I have myself a decent player. So I can say I have a Charvel with a "repro" neck. The pickup is what I had lying around at the time which is a GFS Hot Distortion Bridge p/u using a 1 meg pot. I thought it would be just a temporary pickup but I really like the sound of it.

So here it is for all of you to view and I also included a group shot of just my Charvel/Jacksons.

PS: I have to say that originally I was a Gibson snob, not really liking much else (plus Epiphones...I'm not rich you know!) But since I got my Charvel Model 2, (my second Charvel/Jackson) I'm starting to say Gibson who????? It's starting.......I already want more!!!!!

Hope you like it!!!!
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Looks pretty cool. The 12th fret dots are wrong, but other than that, as long as you like it - and don't try to pass it off as real - its cool.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
      Looks pretty cool. The 12th fret dots are wrong, but other than that, as long as you like it - and don't try to pass it off as real - its cool.

I know it, That's why I said up front that it's a reproduction neck. Also, this was just a cool project I decided to do for myself. I wasn't even considering passing it off as real.
      Last edited by jrnic; 08-15-2006, 09:17 PM.
      Guitars:
      1988 Model 2,
      RR3
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Looks nice to me. Cool project!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
          Looks nice to me. Cool project!
          Thank you. I figured it was okay to post pictures of it and tell you guys about it since I have seen a few photos in the gallery section of this site that show guitars that are "half" Charvel. Where the body or neck is the real deal and the other part is "repro." I figured since the body of my guitar is a Charvel, it would be the same here. Thanks again!
          Guitars:
          1988 Model 2,
          RR3
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Hey man, cloning (or semi-cloning) is totally acceptable. It's when people try to pass them off as the real deal that draws the line. If you're posting it here, you're obviously not trying to do that, so it's all good!
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Very nice. The 'ole Holdsworth style. Cool
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Holdsworth charvel rules.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Very cool. Always liked red w/black pickguards. Nice collection too! Love the Model 2. Looks like it's in minty shape.
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire
                      Very cool. Always liked red w/black pickguards. Nice collection too! Love the Model 2. Looks like it's in minty shape.
                      Thank you. The Model 2 is in "almost" mint condition. I really lucked out with it. When I got it, the only issues were a little corossion on the Floyd bridge and a chip in the paint by the upper strap button. I was able to almost match the color to make it "disapear" and with some replacement parts form "frets-on-the-net" here on the forum, I was able to make the Floyd Rose bridge like new again.

I also have to say that the Model 2 has made me a Charvel "maniac" now. It's the only guitar I play now. I can't get enough of it. Makes me want to forget about my Les Pauls!!

Thanks for all the nice comments! (everyone)
                      Guitars:
                      1988 Model 2,
                      RR3
                      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                      2005 SG Special

Comment

Holdsworth? That colour combo always makes me think Gillis
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice guitar. I think that cloning is fun to do. I made a copy of a strathead Jackson, mainly because I know I will probably never find a real one. Here is a link that i hope will work....

Comment

Very nice. I hear sirens though . .. . . ..
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Nice Job! I also like the red and black......................
                              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                              X