X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson: The Story Of My Life...

Hi,

I'm new here but I'm not a noob, so don't worry

So, I'm 17, I discovered Jackson Guitars in 2005 and since then I have a pure lust (craving) for them. Unfortunatly, Quebec is really one of the most overcharged place in the world, and everything costs like 3 times more here. Considering that Jackson Guitars already have big prices, it just kills me to see that USA's are over 3000$.

Having said that, I'm still wanting to buy my first ever electric and Jackson. But here is the deal. When I discovered Jackson, I wanted the almighty KV2. Pointy and beautiful. Seeing that this is one of the most expensive Jacksons, I realized that it was near impossible to achieve that number in my pockets... So I turned myself to the Pro Series, which I saw the new DK2T and fell in love with it. The price is really different, 3000$+ vs 1000$+, but it is just not a USA...

In all my life, my past experiences brought me to think further more about what I want, and sometimes it put myself in an undecisive way where I can't decide what I want. In my life, I bought expensive things that turned out to be close to useless for me and I regret buying it. The thing with guitars is, I'm not in a band so I don't play shows, it is more of a hobby. And bringing that on the table it puts in the position where I ask myself "Do I really NEED a guitar that is THAT EXPENSIVE". Well, I came to the conclusion that I need to pay for quality, especially if I want to keep it for years to come.

So, having said that, I decided to come back to the USA Series but now theres a dilemma. I have 3 models in mine and you'll see why. It is for sure that if I decide to go with the USA, I want a KV2. BUT, the KV2 has 3 points that makes me think about it. 1- Since Dave Mustaine loved his frets a bit smaller than jumbo (medium-jumbo), Jackson decided to stay with those for the KV2. Which I'm affraid I won't like as much as true jumbo. 2- It has a tremolo, which I don't use... So I would need to get one custom with a TOM. 3- I can't play sit with it, unless I play classical style. So I turned to the SL2HT, a soloist with a TOM. I can play sit and standing. 1 point: It is a simple superstrat. Nothing really fancy to break the barrier to my eyes. So as I was checking for something I can play sit and standing with style, I came to the conclusion the KE2. Then again, Original Floyd Rose But I decided to remove the KE2 of the map, leaving the KV2 and SL2HT in the decision room.

What you guys think about it ? With all the things I told you above, what do you think would suit me the best: KV2 (or KV custom if it doesn't costs alot to get one with a TOM/string-thru) or SL2HT.

Thank you guys, and sorry for the book, when I start writing, I just can't stop...
    Last edited by JacksonLUST; 08-18-2006, 01:46 PM.

SL2HT. or a KV2T.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

How about a KE2T...hmmmm??

Comment

The KV2T is not the same as the KV2. No sharfin, no 6-1 headstock, no bevels... It's not even the same scale length... That sucks

Comment

How about a used KVX10? It's an import and a bolt-on, but the 2002 - 2005 models have the following features:
          Made in Japan
          String through bridge
          sharkfin inlays
          24 Jumbo frets
          Alder body
          25.5" scale
          Inline 6 pointy headstock
          Good quality
          Stock pickups are pretty good for Duncan Design

You can probably get one from eBay for 300 - 400 US
          Then see how you like it while saving up for a USA model.

Fretboard is rosewood and there is no binding
          Avoid the early ones (Made in India)....Jap ser#s will start with 96 or 97
          The 2006 models got basswood bodies and a Licensed Floyd, so you probably don't want that....
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonLUST
            The KV2T is not the same as the KV2. No sharfin, no 6-1 headstock, no bevels... It's not even the same scale length... That sucks
            Welcome to the board. Some of the first KV2Ts were 25.5" scale. There's some out there, but not a whole lot.
            If you really like the V shape, get the regular KV2 and just have the Floyd blocked if you don't use it. It's pretty comfortable sitting in the classical position, same as a Rhoads, Warrior or Star body. Then again, I even play Strats, Dinkies and Les Pauls in the classical position, just feels better to me. And as far as the medium jumbo frets go, I like them about the same as jumbo, don't really even notice much of a difference in playing.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              How about a used KVX10? It's an import and a bolt-on,

You can probably get one from eBay for 300 - 400 US
              Then see how you like it while saving up for a USA model.
              sage advice. You don't want this to turn into another situation where you've spent a whole bunch of money on something you didn't really need in the first place. If you get a good import now, you can see how you like it while you save up for a US model, and once you've bought a US guitar, you'll probably find you'll hang onto the import as a more than solid backup.

There's no shame in playing the Jackson imports & don't worry about their ability to hold together through the years. There are a bunch of us here who actually really like old Jackson & Charvel imports. Check out the Import Charvel section to see how gaga we all go here over 18-20 year old Japanese Charvels. Plus the Import Jackson section buzzes when someone picks up a sweet 15 year old Japanese Jackson. And these aren't just kids who rate the imports because that's all they can afford - these are grownups who US guitars, Custom Shops even, who still accept that the import J/C's are kick ass guitars too
              Hail yesterday

Comment

To RacerX: No thanks, I want brand spanking new USA Series.

To Toejam: Yeah I guess I should do that. My friend has a RR3 (Pro Series) with a Licensed Floyd Rose, it is also blocked because he doesn't use it either but I agree they feel nice on the hands when playing. As far as playing classical style, I tried with every guitars (even the Rhoads) and I just don't really feel confortable. I guess I just have the complex of wanting "the perfect guitar" for me, especially at those prices... LOL

To VitaminG: Problem with the imports, they are bolt-on...
                Last edited by JacksonLUST; 08-18-2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

The KV2T is awesome! I don't mind the shorter scale length, though. I have one in a Natural finish and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonLUST
                    To RacerX: No thanks, I want brand spanking new USA Series.
                    Fine, you snob

Get ready to pay through the ass!

Click here and start emailing for quotes: http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Fine, you snob

Get ready to pay through the ass!

Click here and start emailing for quotes: http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers
                      HAHA !!!

Comment

At the risk of starting a flame war you should really consider a nice Japan import.They are good guitars for the money and there is nothing wrong with a bolt on neck. I used to and still do sometimes get caught up on all the hype about a "Real Guitar" has to be a high priced neck thru US made guitar, but the truth is it's mostly hype. I have seen cheaper guitars sound and play better than the high dollar stuff. Besides with the money you can save you could buy another guitar or a nice amp.

Comment

I don't follow hypes or anything, neither I listen to these wars of bolt-on vs neck-thru stuff because I think it's stupid... I played alot of bolt-ons and tried a couple of neck-thrus and the fact was/is that I love neck-thrus better. This is why I want to go neck-thru

Comment

What about an early 90's King V Pro? Same quality and parts as the USA models but made in Japan and killer guitars. You should be able to find one n Ebay from time to time. Plus thier about 1/3 the price of a new USA just to make sure its soemthing you really want. Id hate to see ya spend 3grand on a USA that you didnt like then have to sell it 6 months later and lose your investment value on the guitar. Just a thought.
                            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
                              What about an early 90's King V Pro? Same quality and parts as the USA models but made in Japan and killer guitars. You should be able to find one n Ebay from time to time. Plus thier about 1/3 the price of a new USA just to make sure its soemthing you really want. Id hate to see ya spend 3grand on a USA that you didnt like then have to sell it 6 months later and lose your investment value on the guitar. Just a thought.
                              Gil
                              lol... Again I must go back to: "I want brand spanking new"

Anyway I can't buy off internet since I don't own a credit card

And please tell me why I would not like a Jackson...
                              Last edited by JacksonLUST; 08-18-2006, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X