Do you play your custom shop J/C's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play your custom shop J/C's?

Heres a question for you dudes who have custom shop J/C's. Do you play them more than just outside, practice, or ocassionally or do you regularily gig with them and guard them with your life or did you get it for a different reason? I bet there are those of you who regularily gig with it and those of you who have it for other reasons so spill it... what purpose does your custom shop J/C fill?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

I play and gig out with all of mine, except for Big Red...... I let her out of the case for a weekly molestation in the basement...

A~
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

My 85 Soloist is my main guitar everything from back then was Custom Made to Order.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would order a customshop and not play it..
        If you're a collector and get your hands on your hero's axe Icould understand you wouldn't want to play it..
        But, ordering a guitar to your own specifications and not playing it, that I don't get.. Then again I don't have a customshop and probably never will unless I win the lottery. Until then I'll play the my MIJ Charvel to shreds hehe.. Never owned more than one guitar at a time anyway.

Rock on dudes and dudettes!
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Yep, sure do, it is the only guitar I have right now!! Jack.

Comment

I play mine all the time and I ordered it to be the best playing/sounding guitar.

Comment

I buy/order my guitars to play. I do try to handle them carefully, but I will also play shows and rehearse with them, so my guitars do end up getting dinged, scratched, etc, after time...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I agree with Xenophobe.
                I play the heck out of them, but try to take care of them otherwise.
                After playing, they may get a quick polish or wipe the fingerprints off and clean up the fretboard.
                Also, make sure that I don't pick them up if my hands are excessively dirty or greasy. (after KFC or BBQ or something)

My production stuff will take those moments.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yup, play 'em... (Sorry about the ugliness of me!!!Look at the guitars!!!)

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I play mine - it's not doing me any favors by sitting in the closet while I struggle through a set, LOL!
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

I'm not in a band right now, but my CS guitars all get played all the time....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I don´t buy guitars for the purpose of looking at tehm

Comment

I play my baby all the time, she's my No.1

Couldnt take her out on a date tho till i got her insured, our first date was magical! showed her off to over 1500 people

Sound check:

Teh gig:

My music:
                          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

yep. mine have some dings and stuff in them though and were there when I got them so it made it really easy, I sold all the ones I was afraid to play... They are meant to be used, not cased and locked away. Might as well just own a picture of it if you are not going to play it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
                              I buy/order my guitars to play. I do try to handle them carefully, but I will also play shows and rehearse with them, so my guitars do end up getting dinged, scratched, etc, after time...
                              +1

All my guitars whatever they cost are intendend to be played. Though I may have my own preferences for "rehearsal guitar", "gig guitar", "practice guitar" it has nothing with the cost.
                              Because I don't say it
                              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
                              X