Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I may be calling on someone to help me out

because I really badly want this:

After seeing Kurtma's thread about how he purchased a 24-fret neck-thru Rhoads with a Schaller Floyd for $560 US, I did a little searching and found this monstrosity. I must have it.

The only problem is I can't figure out how much it would actually cost, I can't find any online dealers for Jackson Stars, and well... I live in the US. I need some overseas help from a respected Euro or Japanese forumite! I'm not quite ready to buy yet, but if I can get it in the works where I send some cash and get this guitar sent to me, I'll be a happy guy in the very near future.

Can anybody help me figure out the cost or availability of one of these?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Why don't you keep an eye on Ebay in Japan for one.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

That's the shop that sells worldwide with their jackson stars':

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...=1&page_cnt=48

their email: [email protected]

you better write them and ask for the model and price. they will also give you shipping price etc.

Comment

Thanks guys, big help!

Comment

Also watch japanese Yahoo listings. Lots of Stars there . Here's the direct link to the guitars directory:
          http://list5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...ory-leaf.html?

from here on just search for "jackson" or "jackson stars".

Comment

I'm having a very hard time navigating the Japanese sites - I've been using Google to translate the webpages, but they still come up with 99% Japanese characters.

Comment

Jackson Stars has the semi custom shop that allow us, the customers, to add/change details as finish, inlays, whatever by just paying a bit more without having to pay the huge amounts of money that a CS cost. This is very clever! I believe the finish is the most expensive thing to order though.

It's highly unlikely that you will find the one you want second handed.

Comment

yeah navigating thru that site is next to impossible I have tried on several occasions, & I do like many of their products.....

if I could just comprehend wtf they are saying..
                “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C
                  yeah navigating thru that site is next to impossible I have tried on several occasions, & I do like many of their products.....

if I could just comprehend wtf they are saying..
                  why? it's easy for me and i don't understand a word in japanese. you can also use http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr to translate the webpage from japanese to english. I find bablefish better than google tools, but sometimes it gives error.
                  you can also send them email for pricing and more info.

Comment

I asked Ikebe about a KE-J1 with some semi custom options ... Ryo sent me an email saying they can only sell what's on their website... what gives?

Comment

Babelfish rules for translating Japanese sites, as long as you speak Yoda

Copy and paste the text rather than filter the URL/page through it, though.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

there's a narsty kelly on that yahoo japan site. dag'um!
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

www.ishibashi-music.com Try them. I've bought a few guitars from them.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                            I asked Ikebe about a KE-J1 with some semi custom options ... Ryo sent me an email saying they can only sell what's on their website... what gives?
                            Really?

Just go with Ishibashi. They accept credit card AND semi custom orders.

Comment

Exactly, I went with Ishibashi for my semi-custom order. All went smooth so far, they even recently asked me how exactly I want my trans green finish (with solid green back or trans green back).

And their pricing is really good IMO, despite several custom upgrades my quote was only slightly higher than the quote for the normal production guitar without upgrades.
                              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                              X