Rhoads Body size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Body size

I just sold a RR1T and then bought a PCS Rhoads. Never had them together but it seems to me like the RR1T had a wider body. Were there diifferent iterations of the Rhoads other than the XTRR?

well, there's the Spitz Dinky Rhoads (smaller in all directions) and XTRR (only different in the upper wing size).. we did some contour comparison drawings at the JGP, but I don't have the pics anymore, I'm sure Jani (RR0849) can help out.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
      I just sold a RR1T and then bought a PCS Rhoads. Never had them together but it seems to me like the RR1T had a wider body.
      I have both. Tonight or tomorrow I'll check that for you, but I never noticed a difference and wouldn't have thought to check if you didn't ask.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
        I have both. Tonight or tomorrow I'll check that for you, but I never noticed a difference and wouldn't have thought to check if you didn't ask.
        Great! Thanks

Comment

Here ya go. These were done by Jani.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Joe! I am still curious about the PCS compared to the RR1

Comment

I thought Jani did a comparison with those, too, but I may be wrong. Can't seem to find any other drawings other than those.

Comment

The first pic has three shapes but only references two of them. Cool stuff to have I saved them to my PC. Thanks again

Comment

Ok, the difference in measurements is slight but there IS a difference. I am going to do a tracing like Jani did.....stand by.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Let me tell you, getting this tracing accurate is a pain in the ass. There are differences in the guitars to start with. The shoulders don't join the body exactly the same. So what to use as a reference point? Who the hell knows. What I did was just line up the long wings and let the chips fall where they may.

I will tell you this though. The drawing makes them look really different. Both guitars fell right into each other's cases, no problem though. Neither was too snug or too loose. So the difference isn't as drastic as it looks it the pic.....which will be coming in a couple minutes.
                    Scott

Comment

Scott

Comment

Great Job Scott! Very close indeed. Ya know my RR1T was white and the PCS is black maybe the white one just looked bigger. Although you drawings do show the PCS could be a little thinner? Thanks Bro

Comment

Could somebody do this with a King V and a Double Rhoads?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            Could somebody do this with a King V and a Double Rhoads?
                            The Double Rhoads is just two long wings of a Rhoads.

Comment

I know Scott has a JCF King V(double rhoads right?)...maybe he can break out the Majic marker again

Comment

Working...
                              X