Tommorow is the day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommorow is the day....

After close to 20 years, I'm finnally getting close to having a guitar I have wanted since 1984! I'm picking up my strat body tommorow from a graphic artist. I had him do the Graphics from Vivan Campbells white skull guitar.

I'm kinda worrying and wondering if he got it exactly as it was pictured. I gave him the best photo possible of this thing, but I will not be at ease till I see it tommorow. :HAHA

I saw the guys work and he is definately an awesome artist, I just want this thing to be an exact replica though. I even went as far to have the bolt on neck painted white. I was thinking about getting one of those water slide charvel logos and putting on it, but I don't know if that would be right or not. Do you guys think that would be dishonest?

I don't plan on selling it, like I said I have wanted it since 84. I really wanted to get a real Charvel single hum, with a Floyd and just have it painted, but that proved to be a bit difficult and expensive, so I just decided to take parts from one of my bolt on Jacksons and have it built.

Asuming that it does look exact, I'll be a happy man as it only cost me 180.00 for the graphic. That didn't include clearing it though, I wanted a professional guitar builder to do that for me, just to make sure this thing didn't sound like a hunk of plastic.

GMW wanted 600.00 for the graphic, plus 180.00 for the basic white paint!
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Tommorow is the day....

Rick said, "I was thinking about getting one of those water slide charvel logos and putting on it, but I don't know if that would be right or not. Do you guys think that would be dishonest?"

Hmmm....your strat is not a Charvel and you want to place a Charvel decal on it. Sounds dishonest to me, no? It's a Charvel or it isn't a Charvel, so it's honest or it isn't honest, right?

Actually I could give a rat's hair, Charvels are faked often enough and you can do whatever you want to. Congrats on getting the graphic you wanted on your guitar.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I would just be for the looks man, as I said before, I have no intentions on selling it or trying to mislead someone into thinking it was a Charvel.

Comment

hey rick, congrats!!! please be sure to post a bunch of pics...

as far as the logo goes....if it's a charvel neck, no biggie. if it isn't, i'd leave it, or hell, have your own logo made....which is much cooler to me! nothin cooler than having your name on the headstock...see?

sully

[ March 07, 2003, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully,

It will be a while before it's all done, I still have to come up with some cash for a Floyd and some a pickup ,but I will post some pics as soon as it's done.

Where can you get a custom waterslide done like that? Do these things have to be waterslide or can you just put any sticker on them and clear over it? Thanks.

Comment

If you have access to a laser printer and have any skill at all driving a computer graphics program, you can easily make your own water slide labels. You can buy water slide labels that are designed to go through a laser printer, so you can print anything on them that you want.

- Eric
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

i'd love to find some waterslide paper for a laser printer...anyone know where i can get some?

rick, what i did was design the logo, and then took it to kinko's, where they printed a bunch of em on a sheet of mylar sticker paper. the ink is on top, so i didn't clear coat over it.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Here you go guys:

http://www.beldecal.com/laser_paper.html

- Eric
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I actually got it today! He did an excellent job with it. The skulls look slightly different than the original, but he got all the blocks and the skulls right to scale.

The skulls on the the original design were all Free hand and I didn't expect them to look exact, but the ones on mine look way cool. Now to get it cleared.

There was like the smallest flaw in the artwork,but after looking at the original, it appeared to have a couple in it also. It may just be something that noone but me will notice, and for 180.00 vs 6-7 hundred, I can live with them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] HAHA

Comment

Ahem… PICS PLEASE!!!

Comment

Pictures dude! Cut the words and post pictures... PLEASE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Hey Rick, congrats on getting the cool graphic! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Guys, he has to get it clearcoated, then
                        needs to reassemble the guitar, for maximum effect. We have to be patient!

Post those pics as soon as you get the guitar together, Rick!!

Rock On!!

Rich
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sounds awesome, Rick! Can't wait to see pics. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you are just going to keep it for yourself I would put a logo on it why not? Jake's No. 1 wasn't a charvel right? Have fun with it.
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Congrats Dude!!
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X