New here, would like a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, would like a little help

I was recommended to come here to help my find a certain jackson/charvel. I would like to know the model of the guitar adrian smith played on the seventh son tour, i believe its a jackson.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...l%3Den%26lr%3D

Anyone got any ideas and where i could find one?

cheerd tony

Welcome to the forum. Which guitar? The white Jackson strathead? Good luck. It was never a production model.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Its white with a black scratchplate, and black binding its been my dream guitar for about 2 years. Im considering getting one made by GMW, has anyone tried this route?

Comment

GMW won't make stratheads anymore. Charvel will, but it won't say Jackson on the headstock.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Comment

So the model im talking about was never in production? DAMN IT TO HELL!

Comment

Originally posted by maiden_fan
              So the model im talking about was never in production?
              Not as far as I know. Adrian's is a Custom Shop guitar.
              Scott

Comment

So the model im talking about was never in production?
                Nope. Adrian and Dave had a few Custom Shop Jacksons made for them.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

k, cheers guys well that clears that up. Its just i played an old charvel the other day and it really got me thinking about that guitar again.

Well if i cant have the one i want then i will have to settle for the best charvel/jackson i can afford, lol.

Can you reccomend charvel/jacksons with the following specs
                  strat/soloist
                  maple board
                  floyd rose
                  bolt on

thats the only things that are a must, i dont care about the headstock shape im partial to both.

id prefer charvel, i will try and find the model of the one i played.

My budget is around £600-700

pics if possible.

cheers Tony

Comment

i dont care about the headstock shape
                    You are in the minority then!

im partial to both.
                    Both, as in Strathead style & pointy style? Because there's also the "sears" style, or "ballsack" heh heh.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

im not familiar with the sears or ballsack, care to help a guy out. Lol as you can tell i am a bit of a noob ( a large understatement) when it comes to these guitars, i have no clue other thatn what i like. I meant the pointy and strathead as far as i know.

Comment

Well with that money you might be able to get a second hand US Dinky from the states and get it sent/brought over to you. If you get a really good deal you might find one in england(I presume thats where you're from)
                        Charvels might suit you more as they seem to be closer to the specs you want. I don't know much about them so I'd say you should browse the Charvel imports and US forums and look for some axes that will fit your bill.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Meanwhile, check out some old catalogs, courtesy of jackson1:

http://www.audiozone.dk/index-filer/CatalogScans.htm
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hi Tony, and welcome to the JCF....

Nope, there was never a production model, and getting a Jackson strathead anything like that would be a big achievement - I can only think of 4 stratheads with scratchplates / Floyds (2 for Davey and 2 or Adrian). Adrian's guitar doesn't have black binding though…..

Just to make you jealous, and before anyone asks, no, it's not for sale…...well, not unless you have very deep pockets

This is an earlier variation of the Sears / Ballsack headstock but this evolved on the Phil Collen signature guitar (prior to those coming with stratheads):

As for a guitar - I'm assuming that you're in the UK and availability of J/C guitars is pretty poor here. Keep an eye on eBay but it depends on how set you are on those specs because USA maple board guitars are pretty rare over here. Not unheard of, but pretty rare…..

However, getting stuff shipped in from the US isn't prohibitively expensive, and at the current exchange rate your £700 would give you around $1300 to play with (figure up to $150 shipping, but allow 25% on top for UK tax and duty)

Good luck, and drop me a PM if you want any info on Adrian's guitars...

Ian
                              Last edited by neilli; 08-30-2006, 06:07 AM.
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X