No announcement yet.

New here, would like a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as new models in your price range, I suppose you could try for a DK2M. It is available in white finish, has a maple board (black binding, black sharkfins), Jackson Floyd and is a bolt-on.
    sigpic

Comment

Either that, or you look for a Fender USA Floyd Rose Strat like Adrian has played on the last 2 Maiden tours as well as with Bruce Dickinson....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

cheers for all the help. I currently have major GAS i went out and played an jackson sl2h at a local guitar shop and a dkm the sl2h was simply amazing, one of the best guitars i have ever played, but i would have to sell my car to buy it. The dkm was awesome played nice and solid, however it was a bit thin sounding compared to my strat but that may have been the amp (marshall dsl on really low volume).

Comment

Originally posted by maiden_fan
          So the model im talking about was never in production? DAMN IT TO HELL!
          Seems like I say that pretty much every time we start talking about things Jackson won't do.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

its a shame really. Oh well better start saving.

Comment

neilli. That GMW is awesome, apart from the EMG's!!

lol j/k. if you ever need to sell it for any reason i will come and collect it from your house the next day.

Comment

The fender floyd strats are also really hard to come by, ive got a mij strat with a floyd that is awesome.

Comment

Quick question, if i bought a new dkm could i swap the trem for an original floyd?

Would this be necessary?

Comment

Would this be necessary?
                    Some think the jt-580 is good enough, and some think that it's crap. So you should try and see I guess
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

ive tried out 2. The trems felt totally differant one was really firm the way i like, the other was i think not setup properly as it tilted back and played horrible.

Comment

ive tried out 2. The trems felt totally differant one was really firm the way i like, the other was i think not setup properly as it tilted back and played horrible.
                        Consistency is also a quality criteria I think. That's why the ofr and some other trems are more popular
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Quick question regarding the Iron Maiden stratheads.

Did they have scalloped heel/horn for easier access up high, or were they just plain old stratocaster body?

Thanks if anyone knows!

Comment

I don't know about the heel, but the horn wasn't scalloped. They'd have to modify the pickguard if they did, and it looks pretty standard to me.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

cool, thanks!

anyone know on the heel?

Comment

Working...
                              X