Super thick CS Charvel body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super thick CS Charvel body?

Would be this a good idea to let the CS guys build a SD Charvel strat body wich is as thick as Les Paul, or even thicker, like 2" ?

The wood would be mahagony (honduras)

I'm planning to get a superstrat guitar with floyd rose wich also is a tone machine.

I want a big-massive LP tone.

I don't care about the heaviness.

My only concern is this, if the body is so heavy, would it sound right? It will probably have tons of low end, but maybe it will lack mid-range.

Thanks.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

I think it would sound awesome.
    May be heavy, but who cares.
    The Floyd will thin out the sound somewhat, just be aware of that.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

yeah, that's why I want it to be huge, because floyd takes the sustain away
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Speaking from experiance. Heavy does not always equate with great tone. I have had several mahogany bodied guitars,both set neck and bolt on. I have found the most toneful/ with sustain were the medium weight guitars. I also believe that the weight/density versus tone/sustain veries grately with diffrent tybes of body wood. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I read somwhere that heavy Gibbys sound like shit because they are made of african mahogany, good gibbys are lighter and made of honduras mahogany.

So it's not gonna weight too much because of Honduras mahogany

Comment

I sold my old LP Historic which weighed 10.5 lbs. I bought a new one which weighs 8.5 lbs.

The new one sounds a lot better and it hasn't even been setup yet (my tech had carefully taken the bridge apart on the last one, undid the saddles, the screws, and got the intonation right).

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1
              Speaking from experiance. Heavy does not always equate with great tone. I have had several mahogany bodied guitars,both set neck and bolt on. I have found the most toneful/ with sustain were the medium weight guitars. I also believe that the weight/density versus tone/sustain veries grately with diffrent tybes of body wood. Just my 2 cents.
              So your opinion about weight changed a bit during the last 4 months??

Comment

Uh oh... "super thick".... here's one for horns666!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik
                  yeah, that's why I want it to be huge, because floyd takes the sustain away
                  Tell that to Brad Gillis on "Speak of the Devil" or Warren DiMartini on any RATT number, or EVH, or George Lynch, or Satch, or Vai. For fuck's sake, they have TONE and Floyds...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750
                    Tell that to Brad Gillis on "Speak of the Devil"
                    Best live album ever!!!!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750
                      Tell that to Brad Gillis on "Speak of the Devil" or Warren DiMartini on any RATT number, or EVH, or George Lynch, or Satch, or Vai. For fuck's sake, they have TONE and Floyds...
                      and Brian May sounds great with Pignose.

Please understand, I want to compansate the loss of sustain/tone with thick body. I want great fat LP sound (Gary Moore, John Sykes) and the look of a strat but also having a recessed floyd rose to do the EVH, Vai etc. whammy bar antics.

Comment

I don't know if the CS can do it but getting an archtop with a maple top and mahongany body is the way to go. It will get that good acoustical sound. I don't know if a floyd will work, don't curse me for saying but you could go with the kahler that was made to retrofit on the lespauls( with a little routing) for the trem.

Comment

Its gotta have the 24.75" scale, too. Scale length has a lot to do with the tone of a guitar.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

My ESP lynch Kamikazi can do the LP tone with ease and among many other tones too. Love the guitar. The only thing I dislike, is to adjust the truss rod I got to take off the neck. Aside from that, the guitar screams and is very versatile definitely worth every penny.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It definetly has to be a 25.5" and with recessed OFR.
                              The neck is definetly gonna be a huge baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                              X