Jackson J-92c bridge pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson J-92c bridge pickups

Hello everyone! I've been a member for a little while now but haven't really posted much, but I've got a question that's been on my mind for a long time and figured this is the place to ask it

Back in the early-mid 90s or so, I was ordering Jackson J-92C bridge pickups to retrofit into all of my guitars because I absolutely loved the tone. In my opinion, it was one of Jackson's finest pickups. I've been watching eBay for years and haven't seen one surface, so I am curious if anyone knows details on this particular pickup. How many years was it manufactured? What guitars came stock with it? etc. etc.

I know it came in the King Vs for a short while, as that's where I first heard one and fell in love. Are there any more details on these pickups anyone can offer? I've snagged a few J-90C pups from the bay, but still have yet to find the elusive J-92C (my holiest of holy grail pickups hahah). Thanks for any and all info you guys can throw at me!
    Last edited by adoxtater; 10-26-2006, 09:01 PM.
    - Adam

maybe if you stay around here for awhile and get 100 posts and then access to the classifieds?

Comment

I have never heard of the J-92, Anyone?
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes
        I have never heard of the J-92, Anyone?
        I have. I don't think very many were made, but I'm not sure offhand.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It must be very unusual. I can't remember hearing about it before - but this just proves once more that once you think you have some good bearings on the J/C stuff, something you've never even heard of comes up.

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't recall all models they came on, but I do rememer them being installed in the King Vs, Kellys, and I think some Dinky models. Awesome pickups for sure! I will stick around and see what I can learn here
            - Adam

Comment

What was the dual rail hum called J85 or J92?
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                What was the dual rail hum called J85 or J92?
                J85 had the rails.
                http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page11.htm

The J92 is indeed on the King V Pro, and the Soloist Standard and XL.
                http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page06.htm

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page04.htm

Comment

Here's some Kelly models with them, too.
                  http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page07.htm

Comment

Very odd huh? I mean, it was a killer pickup IMHO... to the point where I would order them from Jackson and stock them on my other axes. I have since found something somewhat comparable, but I still wish I had one or two of my old J-92Cs here. It's the Duncan Distortion. I have a couple vintage DDJ models here and they seem to be as close as I can get to the sound I'm looking for. The J90C is close, but not quite. It's hard to believe that the two models are so close in model numbers and not very similar sounding eh? Well, anyway, I'll have to post more so I can visit the classifieds section hehe Then I'll have another place to watch for my holy grail pickup!
                    - Adam

Comment

I thought I might have one, but upon inspecting it, it's a J80.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Standard bridge pickup on my Kelly XL-R. Seems like Jackson USA stopped making their own pickups around this time or were these imported pickups from Japan/Korea?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                          Standard bridge pickup on my Kelly XL-R. Seems like Jackson USA stopped making their own pickups around this time or were these imported pickups from Japan/Korea?
                          My old Kelly XLR had a JH-2 in it, with a J-50N in the neck. Maybe the bridge pup was swapped? I've still got it.

Comment

Not positive about being import or USA made, but I have my money on USA. Only reason is I've found that the overseas pickups of this period had no real body to them. Very shrill sounding to me. Just a guess though.
                            - Adam

Comment

The J50N is definitely USA, I'm pretty sure the J92s were as well. I just thought it was weird my Kelly XLR had an import JH-2 in the bridge at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X