EVH Charvel w/Sustainiac Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk
    Why would you ever have to take a strat's neck off to remove the pickguard?
    Maybe he meant the strings and not the neck?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
      Why would you ever have to take a strat's neck off to remove the pickguard?

Guy's, don't shoot the messenger! That's what Alan (Hoover at Maniac Music) told me he has to do (the proper way) to install the Sustainiac as just like how this EVH Charvel had to be done.
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster
        Only 2 springs in the trem cavity?

Yup, that's stock as per Ed's specs............
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
          Maybe he meant the strings and not the neck?
          So, with that logic, he must plan to need a new battery more often than a new set of strings??
          Hey, all kidding aside, I like all of the mods except for the battery box...I wouldn't have done that one. Still cool axe!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander
            I'm waitin' for the answer to that one too!
            I don't know how many times I've had the p/g off of my strat but I never had to remove the neck. Maybe the new ones are like that but it still doesn't make sense.
            I have a `83 Charvel with a pickguard and the only way to get the pickguard off is to take off the neck. The problem is the 22 fret neck overhangs the pickguard, unlike a 21 fret neck on a strat. On mine this neck overhang holds down the pickguard against the body snuggly to where even when you have unscrewed the pickguard it's still being held down by the neck fretboard overhang. I image if you only have a bridge pickup you can flex the pickguard enough to where the bridge pickup cleared its route and can then wiggle the pickguard out from underneith the neck overhang. But I have a pickup in the neck position, and it's body route wont let me slide the pickguard enough to clear the neck overhang.

So 777 what your tech told you was correct. What you can do is route the pickguard that is under this neck overhang to follow the squared fretboard overhang rather then just the neck pocket route.
            Last edited by vondran; 09-14-2006, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran
              I have a `83 Charvel with a pickguard and the only way to get the pickguard off is to take off the neck. The problem is the 22 fret neck overhangs the pickguard, unlike a 21 fret neck on a strat. On mine this neck overhang holds down the pickguard against the body snuggly to where even when you have unscrewed the pickguard it's still being held down by the neck fretboard overhang. I image if you only have a bridge pickup you can flex the pickguard enough to where the bridge pickup cleared its route and can then wiggle the pickguard out from underneith the neck overhang. But I have a pickup in the neck position, and it's body route wont let me slide the pickguard enough to clear the neck overhang.

So 777 what your tech told you was correct. What you can do is route the pickguard that is under this neck overhang to follow the squared fretboard overhang rather then just the neck pocket route.

I just looked at my Charvel, and your absolutly correct!! That's the answer guys! The pickguard IS under the neck..................Thank you for that.

Comment

Working...
              X