staying in tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staying in tune?

How well do the jacksons and charvels with the 2 point trems stay in tune?

i ask this because i have just seen a journeyman on ebay.

If the strings are stretched properly and the nut doesnt have any issues to catch the string and makes it stop moving then they stay in tune really well.
    Gil

Comment

Is it recommended to block the trem?

Comment

No need.Read previous post.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i read it, just throwing it out there for more input.

Comment

if it becomes a problem you could always just put locking tuners on it. sperzels or similar...

Comment

k thanks, it was just a kinda what if question. thanks for all the replys.

Comment

Jacksons, and any other guitar for that matter will stay in tune just fine as long as they are set up correctly, and the strings are stretched sufficiently.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390
                  if it becomes a problem you could always just put locking tuners on it. sperzels or similar...
                  Why would you need locking tuners if you have a guitar with a locking nut,
                  once locked down the strings shouldn't move past the nut towards the tuners. My Floyd tremolo guitars keep better tune then my fixed bridge Gibson guitars. Kahler tremolo guitars another story.

Comment

the Journeyman doesn't have a locking nut.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

yeah i thought he meant a fender style trem with no locking nut. but the locking tuners would help with not having the lock nut.

Comment

Most tuning issues on (non-locking) trem guitars are usually due to the strings binding at the nut. If you have a guitar that's going consistantly sharp or flat from string bending or trem use, check the nut first. It's a lot cheaper to replace or file a nut than it is to shell out $80 for a set of Sperzels.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                          Most tuning issues on (non-locking) trem guitars are usually due to the strings binding at the nut. If you have a guitar that's going consistantly sharp or flat from string bending or trem use, check the nut first. It's a lot cheaper to replace or file a nut than it is to shell out $80 for a set of Sperzels.
                          well for me it isnt lol there arent any real experienced luthiers around my area that i know of. at least the sperzels i could put in myself. no way im going to rip the nut off my guitar

Comment

Good, never rip your nuts off, boyz...
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390
                              well for me it isnt lol there arent any real experienced luthiers around my area that i know of. at least the sperzels i could put in myself. no way im going to rip the nut off my guitar
                              Go to a music store and ask around. There's probably a tech nearby who can do that kind of work. A nut replacement isn't triple bypass surgery - most techs can do it without a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X