No announcement yet.

staying in tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not put Sperzels on a guitar with a locking nut. It's a waste of time and money. A properly maintained floyd is more stable than a fixed bridge guitar almost all of the time.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

hahahaha ok guys im not putting sperzels on my guitar im not looking to rip my nuts off or anything. i was simply resonding to maiden_fan's post. the sperzels were a suggestion to have on the ugitar in place of alocking nut. and the guitar in question doesnt have a locking nut on it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
        Do not put Sperzels on a guitar with a locking nut. It's a waste of time and money.
        Nah, they're still nice to have cuz changing strings is quicker.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
          Nah, they're still nice to have cuz changing strings is quicker.
          im just fine with my string winder for fifty cents. as opposed to $80 for sperzels

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390
            the sperzels were a suggestion to have on the ugitar in place of alocking nut. and the guitar in question doesnt have a locking nut on it in the first place.
            Carvin uses Sperzels on their guitars with Floyd trems, and they don't use locking nuts unless you specify you want one (it's a $20 option). Then again, string pull is straight over the nut in a direct line to the tuners and not angled like it would be on a Jackson headstock.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Put some Big Bends Nut Sauce on the nut and saddles. That stuff will keep just about any guitar in tune. I've got it if you need it...
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
                Do not put Sperzels on a guitar with a locking nut. It's a waste of time and money. A properly maintained floyd is more stable than a fixed bridge guitar almost all of the time.
                http://www.guitarasylum.com/productp...ing_rhoads.htm

Pablo does it =) I do see the redundancy but, it sure makes stringing up faster.
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  Carvin uses Sperzels on their guitars with Floyd trems, and they don't use locking nuts unless you specify you want one (it's a $20 option). Then again, string pull is straight over the nut in a direct line to the tuners and not angled like it would be on a Jackson headstock.
                  I have a Carve Top set up this way. OFR -> Graphtech nut -> Sperzels, and it's tuning is very stable. A well-cut nut is a wonderful thing.

Comment

hahahaha ok guys im not putting sperzels on my guitar im not looking to rip my nuts off or anything. i was simply resonding to maiden_fan's post. the sperzels were a suggestion to have on the ugitar in place of alocking nut. and the guitar in question doesnt have a locking nut on it in the first place.
                    Is your "SHIFT" key broken? Just wondering... Where's Ron when you REALLY need him?!?:ROTF:

Heh..sometimes I just can't resist being a dick. Sorry!
                    Last edited by chrisolson; 09-15-2006, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson
                      Is your "SHIFT" key broken? Just wondering... Where's Ron when you REALLY need him?!?:ROTF:

Heh..sometimes I just can't resist being a dick. Sorry!
                      No my shift key isn't broken. I dont see any point in using proper capitalization unless it matters, such as for school or something. I don't come here to be quizzed on my punctuation. I come here to talk about jackson guitars among other things not to participate in a 3rd grade spelling bee. Well now that that is taken care of all is right in the world again.
                      Last edited by slayer32390; 09-16-2006, 09:46 AM.

Comment

No my shift key isn't borken.
                        And it's "broken" not "borken" . Where's the grammar police today?

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                          And it's "broken" not "borken" . Where's the grammar police today?
                          fuck grammar!

Comment

Fuck Salt,,,,,

Comment

Tuning is overrated, just ask Bob Dylan

Comment

No my shift key isn't broken. I dont see any point in using proper capitalization unless it matters, such as for school or something. I don't come here to be quizzed on my punctuation. I come here to talk about jackson guitars among other things not to participate in a 3rd grade spelling bee. Well now that that is taken care of all is right in the world again.
                                Come here... Brothers don't shake hands, brothers HUG!!

Comment

Working...
                                X