Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Series Question ?

Hey Guys~

First off .. let me say this is a great Forum! Proud to be a member and do my first post.

My question is .. I have been thinking of the "EVH Art Series guitar". I have heard good things and bad things from many different sites. Some as to say they are like a "Glorified Fender". With that being said .. I see a couple of you on the Forum own one or two (or all three). I have been playing for 20 years and would love to own one... I prefer lower action, as I use .009 strings .. and a smooth neck. Also, do you feel the guitar is an investment in the years to come? I know production has stopped.

Any help would be great! Thank Guys!
    Scott

I played one today. Good fit and finish but the frets weren't jumbos so that rules one out for me. It also had high Guitar Center action but it still played and sounded good.

Comment

Re

Did you get a price on the one you tried?

Thanks for the help!
      Scott

Comment

The tag was marke $2299 I think. But I would never pay marked price at a Guitar Center.

Comment

Great guitars. I have a RBW. Great necks, I love low action, too. If you can, it's highly recommended to play one before you buy. See for yourself. However, bear in mind that, like any other new guitar, the set-up at your local dealer's stock may suck.

And the "it's a glorified Fender" nonsense usually comes from people who either a) for whatever reason, can't seem to come to terms with "big corporate" FMIC's owndership of J/C or b) balk at the pricetag.

As to the guitar being an "investment" in the years to come. ...Uhmm, no. It's not smart to assume or hope for that. Stock are investments. Bonds are investments. Mutual funds are investments. Guitars are not investments. Buy it, play it, and assume it'll have a resale value that's just a fraction of what you initially paid. If many years later it turns out to actually be worth something, you just got lucky. That's all.

Good luck.

Comment

I've played a couple at GCs and they have smooth necks, low action (if set up correctly), and sound great. The only thing that bugs me about it (and the KV2, Jem, JS, etc.) is the damn "tall, skinny" frets - 6105s. If you're going to advertise jumbo frets on a guitar, then put jumbos on - 6100s! But play one first and if you like it - buy it!

As far as an investment, just look at used ones and you can see pretty quickly it is NOT an investment. There was a B/W one on the bay w/ a $1550 BIN that didn't sell and it's been relisted for $1499. If only I was still single.....
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

What he said to a point. Stocks and such can be investments. An investment is something that should grow in value over time. Paper assets and real estate have that potential. Flipping paper or houses is speculation looking for the quick buck. As for EVH guitars, the only way to consider that an "Investment" is if you buy one; keep all the tags; never play it and wait a few years. Once you play the guitar, a tangible asset, the value will be diminished. EVH guitars are a dime a dozen now. I guess, if I wanted to speculate I would buy a brand new never played guitar and put it away for 20 years. But, I can't. I'll be dead by then.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by scott67
                I know production has stopped.

Where did you hear that? Iv'e been asking that question for a year now because there advertised as "Limited Edition" I just wanted to know HOW limited.......
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Excellent fit and finish in the ones that I have played (5). Graphics are awsome in person if you like that kind of thing. The neckshape does not feel charvel to me - it is too bat like. Just my opinion. I know that people will say that the neck was patterned after EVH's personal tastes or a kramer neck etc., but this aint badged a kramer so .........?
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Don't own one, but all the ones I've played have been fantastic. My two hold-ups on getting one are: (1) Any guitar I spend a lot on has to have a neck pickup, and (2) I prefer figured tops over EVH strips.

Comment

Working...
                    X