Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads RR VS RR1

Hello guys, need you input with the next question:
    What the most major different between first Jackson Randy Rhoads original guitar and RR1/RR1T ?
    I'm thing the construction first white guitar Randy was a little different than RR1 release today.
    Thanks

The body shape was different on the first white one, it came with a standard trem and it had block inlays.

Comment

pup switch was on top of the body...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The original had a 3 piece neck and no scarf joint, right?

Also, on the RR1 Jackson puts a thin veneer over the top to hide the seams between the neck thru and body wings.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

String thru. Vs trem. Body shape. Inlays. Pickgaurd... etc. The Concord Vs The RR Vs the new ones today are completely different.
          I guess the best way to see it would be to look at a LTD, A PCS, and a newer RR1 and RR1t.

Comment

Randy's guitars were made out of maple as well, weren't they? And I think they had a much chunkier neck profile.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
              The original had a 3 piece neck and no scarf joint, right?
              Yes, the original Randy guitar had a 3 piece neck, but I am not sure about scaft joint.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonRR
                Yes, the original Randy guitar had a 3 piece neck, but I am not sure about scaft joint.
                You don't need a scarf joint with a 3 piece neck - it's either one or the other - either one is strong enough by itself.

Comment

Thanks for answer guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X