Whats with my guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with my guitar?

I was hopeing someone could help me indentify what kind of guitar I have. Its definatly a Jackson Randy Rhodes model but the inlays and the headstock are all reversed (pointing up instread of down). Does that make it more valuable? How rare is this? Ive looked all over the internet and have only found one other RR model that has this feature. Any information at all would help...im trying to determine the guitars value.

Sounds like an RR3R *RHOADS*. Jackson made reverse headstock Rhoads for a little while. That is assuming it looks like this one.

Comment

Oh..you have the Rhodes model? Yep, those are rare..all we see around here are the average Rhoads models.

Sorry for my sarcasm..your RR3 is just a reverse headstock model, nothing special. But nice none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by isulax1
        a Jackson Randy Rhodes model .
        Ain't that a keyboard/synth?
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Randy Jackson plays a Rhodes?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

The guy from Duran Duran had a brother that played metal guitar?

Comment

Who's Duran Duran?

Comment

Originally posted by isulax1
                It's a Jackson Randy Rhodes
                No, it's not.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You folks are assuming it's a cheapy, but reverse Inlays and Headstock don't automatically make it an RR3 - to start with it could be a custom, or an XTRR (OK, not a 'true' Rhoads, but close )
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Way to confuse the newb guys.

To Isulax:

If your guitar looks like Razor's, then what you have is an RR3R. It's essentially an RR-3, but with the reverse headstock and inlays. They are quite hard to find, but I think that doesn't make it any more or less valuable than an ordinary RR-3 (whichever way you look at it, it's still an import with rather average features - rosewood board, plastic inlays, non-bound neck, etc.). It was made in Japan - not sure of production year, but you can take the neck off and look in the neck pocket if you really need to know. Body wood should be poplar, with a flame maple veneer on top.
                    Last edited by Sunbane; 09-18-2006, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The red one on the right...that is pretty much the exact guitar

Comment

So now we know there's at least two of them, so it can't be rare.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory
                            Who's Duran Duran?
                            That guy from Barbarella
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X