Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got one at last!!

Hi guys,
    I posted a thread down below about having to wait 7 months for my DK2L to arrive and even then it didn't show up.

Well,i canceled that order and went shopping on the net.
    I found one that was in stock from an online retailer and ordered it straight away.
    Glad to say it arrived this morning.
    I've found a couple of niggles with it,one being that one of the locking nut allen screws has no thread so it doesn't lock the D and G strings down!!!!
    I'll be taking it for a proper set-up so i'm sure it can be sorted out.
    The action is a little too high for me as well,again nothing to worry about.
    I was dreading tuning it because of the floyd but it was simple and held tuning very well,really suprised there....
    As for sound,very pleased with it.Very different to my Les Paul copy,sounds much more alive but also adds a bit of extra noise.

Here's a piccy anyway,it looks kind of bright in this piccy but it's quite a bit darker in real life...

regards,
    d

Congrats on a very nice guitar! And the rosewood looks just like the ebony in this pic!

Comment

Congrats bro!

I was dreading tuning it because of the floyd but it was simple and held tuning very well,really suprised there....
      Don't be surprised. Floyds hold their tuning like a rock. No worries there.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Congratzs!

Comment

Congrats to you! The fretboard indeed looks very nice.

My brain always spins when I see lefty Dinkies... somehow the body shape looks different to me.
            But when I save the pic and mirror it the shape looks just right.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Nice axe! I'd sure like to have that neck on a righty!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                That neck would be bitchin' on a Firebird body.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd sure like to have that neck on a righty!
                  Me too! I've been wanting a reversed headstock and reversed fins for a long time now! Especially on a rhoads . Looking for a 22-fret like that and it will go on my rx10d .

Comment

Rock on!!!

Comment

I want to find a reverse headstock off a lefty to put on a righthand guitar. Want that reverse logo!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat
                        Congrats to you! The fretboard indeed looks very nice.

My brain always spins when I see lefty Dinkies... somehow the body shape looks different to me.
                        But when I save the pic and mirror it the shape looks just right.
                        I always thought that logo is smaller! But again when I mirror the picture everything seems ok
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Watch your mailbox soon...
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for replying guys..
                            Lefties do look strange but it's not so bad when you see one being played!
                            Well,i've had it a couple of days now,it's my first Jackson and i'm gobsmacked...

I've adjusted the action,tuned up and this beauty is a joy to play,i can only imagine how nice the top-end guitars are.
                            The neck and fretwork are perfect,no buzz,no fretting out on bends..intonation great all the way up and whether i'm playing solos or chunky rhythm patterns,it handles great and feels like my girlfriend...
                            COMFY!!

As for sound,it takes a little bit of taming through my rig but sounds just how i like it.I can also get some nice blues sounds from the single-coils.

I have a Fender Strat that was much more expensive than this,and i honestly can't tell much difference between them as far as playabilty and sound goes.

Thanks Jackson!!
                            d

Last edited by daveb; 09-21-2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X