The "Denny Demon".......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Denny Demon".......

I didn't post this in the "guitars by other...." just because it is gong to be very much a Jackson in my opinion. I bought a new DK2M and yes, it is/was a very nice axe...but all I really wanted was that neck! Now.....Denny (Slashware / Mojo Bodies) is building me a clone "Demon" style body in solid maple just for this neck. This body isn't actually "Jackson" because it was my own design, and I made the templates myself. It was, however, designed based on the Jackson Demon guitar because I've loved that design ever since it came to be. I think he's doing a fucking fantastic job so far!! The Jackson DK2M neck is all maple, and so is the body. There will be no paint. Just a clear coat on the body. What do you think?

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Not a fan of the Demon shape at all, but damn, he did a great job on that body. With your skills, I am sure the guitar will be nothing short of amazing.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Badass!!! IThat is such a cool idea, Mark. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I think it will be awesome....but I also think it should be a product of your new paint booth

Comment

furkin awwwesome! I've always dug the Demon. Shame we'll never see this body in fluro green
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes, Denny does some kickass work, and it's not just the traditional stuff either. When I first approached him with this idea he was totally into it. What he has done so far is take my "idea", and turn it into a reality! Denny is just as much an "artist" as anyone who does airbrush art, or pencil sketching, etc. He really has an "eye" for this stuff....and I'm not talking from an average customers standpoint. I do custom work every day of my life building cars. Denny is exactly like me, except he builds things out of wood. If he sticks with this profession, he will go far. His skills and open minded approach to custom work will set him apart from the "main stream" guitar builders. Just wait and see!

Comment

fuckin awesome body! i just gotta see this when you put that dk2m neck on it. what colour finish ya goin' for on this bod?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

no color on this one...just maple, maple, and more maple.

Comment

....oh yeah...and those black plastic sharkies!
                  oops...sorry...it's not "plastic", it's "Delrin"....

Comment

Can't wait to see the final work Mark!
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

That's going to look Awesome Mark! I should see if Denny will do a Ibanez RG540 Power II "Skolnick" body clone (similar to the Jackson Demon, which seems to be a close copy of the 540 Power II).

The above ^ is the EXACT guitar/color I've wanted since 1989, never to have seen one since. Think Denny can do a close repro?

I've been looking to find one to buy since 1989 and they always pass me by.

Probably cheaper in the long run to get Denny to make a close copy.

Heck then I'd have to send it to you to get that 5 Alarm red finish I've always wanted. Damn my birthday just passed on the 10th and I am broke already ha.
                      Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 09-20-2006, 01:32 PM.

Comment

all i can say is .... !!!
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

very cool!!!!
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                            ....oh yeah...and those black plastic sharkies!
                            oops...sorry...it's not "plastic", it's "Delrin"....
                            Kinda like the old "foam cups" vs 'Styro' foam cups?

Who was it said these things look like "Tooth" guitars? If that ain't a bicuspid....
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Man, that looks awesome. I really want to order a custom Demon, but I'd end up having to sell some critical internal organs to fund it.

Made up your mind yet for a pickup?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X