Choose purely on Spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
    #1, because I'm not a big fan of Floyds.
    I feel the same as Sinistas (as always). #1 because of the stop tail.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

# 1. I love mahagony ... sustain... tone...
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

2, raw maple neck and more importantly Floyd, I don´t like the feel of hardtails.

Comment

#1 because I don't like trems, but love mahogany.
          And I know what it is, too... there's one detail that I don't like about it.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

#2 gotta have a Floyd..

Comment

#2, nothing against stop-tails though.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                And I know what it is, too... there's one detail that I don't like about it.
                And I know what that is!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

#2......Floyd and Natural Neck.
                  I don't like non Floyd Bridges and I can't stand finished necks.

Comment

#1, all mahogany, Would prefer a Floyd on it... but that's just me.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

#2 ...floyd and i prefer a satin feel on neck over a fully laquered neck...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        #2 cuz it's better to have a floyd and not need it, than not have one and need it.
                        Very well put.
                        If you're unsure, get the Floyded guitar. You can always block the Floyd, but you can't "unblock" the stop tail.

Comment

It's not a fair choice. Knowing the wood type and that they have the same pickups will make the tone likely better in one than the other.
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Thanks guys - you've all been a big help!

FWIW: The finish on #2 is opaque - it's just the neck that is raw/satin.

As for the bridge choices - I like both Floyds and hard-tails and own guitars with both. This is why I'm not asking the impossible question "What should I get?" I'm asking "What would you get?"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              As for the bridge choices - I like both Floyds and hard-tails and own guitars with both. This is why I'm not asking the impossible question "What should I get?" I'm asking "What would you get?"
                              Well, you didn't specify hardtail in your selection. You said stoptail (which is usually associated with a TOM bridge). There's a difference.
                              This is a hardtail.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

#2 Alder will cut through the mix better.
                                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X