Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to verify neck..

Hi ,
    I'm putting together a mixed parts Dk2 for gigging.
    I have a black hot rod flame body and I wanted to know if anyone can verify if a reverse headstock+flame inlay neck with a locknut was ever produced.
    If it wasn't I will have to settle for a DK2ff type neck with the regular headstock.
    I know the Japanese stars DK-900 is the closest to what I am trying to do. (hot rod flames+flame inlays) there's pix in the stars '04 cat page 5.
    I did see a reverse headstock+flame inlay on the stars adk-100b in the stars '04 catalog (also pg.5) but no locknut?!?

Just knowing if this neck even exists helps me with what to do next.
    Thanks,
    Weezil
    Last edited by Weezil; 09-29-2006, 12:19 AM.

The DKMGTFF is reverse head, but you'd have to add the FR nut.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks mm,
      from looking at pics I have been able to find,
      the non floyd neck is slightly different
      so I think I will have to use a standard headstock one
      oh well....

Comment

A FR nut can be added to ANY guitar neck. A small "shelf" will have to be made on some necks, and maybe a small bit of routing and drilling, but it's not that difficult at all. Most any competent luthier can handle it. I recently added a floyd R3 nut to a model 7 neck, and it looks and works fantastic (and I'm just a dumbass hillbilly).

Comment

Mark I have an 86 USA neck and I was going to retro fit a floyd nut and if I rout down I will hit steel plus the truss rod nut will have to be modified.So I thought leave the Kahler nut on.Its a reverse head with MOP sharks
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Mark I have an 86 USA neck and I was going to retro fit a floyd nut and if I rout down I will hit steel plus the truss rod nut will have to be modified.So I thought leave the Kahler nut on.Its a reverse head with MOP sharks
            I've not experienced that problem personally, but I guess anything is possible. Can you post some pics of what's going on there? I do remember one FR nut conversion where I had to grind a little rounded "relief" in the bottom of the FR nut to get a wrench on the truss nut, but never a problem with routing the "shelf" and running into the truss rod.

Comment

Working...
            X