missing trem cavity covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing trem cavity covers

Why do people take the trem cavity covers off their guitars and then leave them off? That big hole exposing the springs is hideous!!! Yeah I know it's on the back of the guitar. Is there a techinal reason for it? Just wondering. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Re: missing trem cavity covers

Well, some just can't find room for Mr. Peabody when wearing a guitar, so the trem cavity is just perfect for that!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Trem adjustments.
      And then they end up missing, along with the trem bars and assorted socks. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't understand why people do that either. Once the tremolo is set why not put the cover back on? and if the cover is left off, why don't they store it in the case so it isn't lost? Half the people who remove those covers to "adjust" the tremolo don't really know what the hell they're doing anyway [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        We're just dealing with idiots! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Sorry, it bugs me when people remove and loose tremolo cover plates, whammy bars, etc...

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well, i have played with the trem cavity cover off. Reason was i had an old Floyd where the collar kept going loose and had to be tightened again and again. And that had to be done from the back. No big deal, just don't loose the cover.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Sorry, it bugs me when people remove and loose tremolo cover plates, whammy bars, etc...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I lost one of my whammy bars because I never used the damn thing. It's around here somewhere, but what's the point of keeping track of something useless? One of my guitars doesn't even have a CONTROL CAVITY cover. The first time I adjust the truss rod on a guitar, I throw away the damn cover for that too. Truss rod covers are stupid pointless pieces of plastic that only exist to annoy the piss out of anyone that has to adjust their truss rod. They serve NO functional purpose, only aesthetic ones. Same with trem cavity covers. I'd much rather see wood and springs than some cheapass piece of plastic.

Comment

WOOD not wood WOOD not wood plastic? not wood! get it?

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

please disregard previous post (temp insane!!) got kids

Comment

I know I absolutely hate when I go looking at guitars and find ones I like and find that some irresponsible dork has lost cavity covers, trem arms etc. What's so hard about people keeping up with things? Most cases have some sort of "storage area" in them...stick it in a plastic baggie and just store it in there--is that so hard? Hehehe...

Comment

The trem cover is actually a built in neglect indicator from the factory. That way when some lazy bastard trys to sell his guitar without a trem cover while claiming it's in excellent condition, you'll know better.

Comment

Is there a source for replacement covers of different sizes? Most of the ones I have seen fit a Strat, but that's about it. (I need one for a Model 88 and a Star body of unknown origin)

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Sorry, it bugs me when people remove and loose tremolo cover plates, whammy bars, etc...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I lost one of my whammy bars because I never used the damn thing. It's around here somewhere, but what's the point of keeping track of something useless? One of my guitars doesn't even have a CONTROL CAVITY cover. The first time I adjust the truss rod on a guitar, I throw away the damn cover for that too. Truss rod covers are stupid pointless pieces of plastic that only exist to annoy the piss out of anyone that has to adjust their truss rod. They serve NO functional purpose, only aesthetic ones. Same with trem cavity covers. I'd much rather see wood and springs than some cheapass piece of plastic.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No offense, but that's just dumb as hell. I saw a guitarist at a gig once rip out like 2 wires out of his control cavity rendering his pickups useless when it got looped around his belt buckle.....no more guitar for that gig.....

Be nice to your guitar....leave the covers on...

Comment

Van Halen Actually "plays" the springs in the trem cavity! I'm not kidding, I saw him do it! Of course, he could probably "play" the wires and pot in the control cavity and the plastic trem cover as well.

Comment

The point isn't whether you should play with the cover off or on, my point is if you remove truss rod covers, tremolo plates, whammy bars, knobs, or whatever, simply store them in the case so they're not lost.
                              As an example, I put Schaller strap locks on my guitars. The original Jackson strap buttons are placed in a 35mm film plastic container and stay in the case with the guitar. See, I even found a use for those film containers after you shoot a roll of film [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X