Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum newbie saying hello

Hi everyone,

I've been a big fan of Jackson guitars for about as long as I can remember and bought my first one, a JSX '94 Concept, in... you guessed it, 1994.

I still have it and have made a few changes over the last couple of years.
    The nasty plastic control knobs are now gold metal knurled types, the licenced Floyd Rose has been replaced with a gold item to match... 'licenced' again but looks and feels nicer than the original. The Jackson humbucker has been replaced with DiMarzio Fred. Eventually the machine-heads and pickup surround will also be replaced... gold again to make everything look nice uniform.

This is no longer my main guitar though. Earlier on this year I was fortunate enough to be in a position to buy my dream guitar, a Soloist, but prices here in the UK are very high and the same instrument can be imported from the USA including shipping and taxes for considerably less.
    It was with this in mind that I decided to take a look at the vwallguitars website, I'd heard good things about Scott on HarmonyCentral.
    To my surprise and utter delight he had a Soloist in stock that exceeded my desires and it was the last one available from a limited edition batch of only twelve. The SL2H-TPB has a transparent purple burst finish over the usual flame maple veneer with gold hardware (my fave as you'd have guessed by now) and DiMarzio pickups instead of the usual Seymour Duncans, Humbucker From Hell in the neck position and a Super Distortion III in the bridge.
    Not only is this a fantastic guitar to play, with a look that still makes me dribble and an incredible sound, but it's the exclusivity of 5/12 hand written in gold pen under the laquer on the headstock and 'limited edition' etched into the gold coloured truss-rod cover that makes it just so much more appealling.
    Incidentally, the price of a standard Soloist would have cost me £300.00 more than this limited edition model if I'd have bought one here in the UK.

Much respect to Jackson for making these awesome beasties and to Scott Vanderwall for supplying it to me.

Welcome to the board! My first axe was a JDR-94 in 1994 Cool Soloist..
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hi!!!

Comment

Purple guitars rule! I love your soloist, welcome
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Cool. Welcome aboard.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome. You got off to a great start. And, yes, purple rules.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Welcome, Six! Great intro post! You are a gentleman and a scholar!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OMG... A new guy that actually owns a jackson... Who would have thunk it. Nice gold hardware BTW =)

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Jesus, that SL is nice.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Hello and welcome to the JCF.If I came home and my wife was dressed like that Soloist,I'd lick the purple right off of her...
                    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words guys.

Comment

The perfect intro. Now hitch up your strap. Cram on your hat. And let loose. You have earned your spurs. Cowboy.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That soloist is sharp lookin!!
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Love the trans purple with the gold hardware! I'd put black hardware on your pro though(still looks good though!) Welcome

Comment

Welcome! Love the trans purple . I have 2 trans purple dinkys myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X