No announcement yet.

jackson dk2m from m.f. yea or ney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't see why everyone bashes GC and MF. i've never had any issues with them. so what if some of the people that work there don't know every make and model that every manufacturer has to offer. i don't need them for that... that's what this place is for
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Well, for one thing, GC/MF seem to think MSRP is the LOWEST price they can sell them for, and unfortunately, so do a lot of their customers.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Well, for one thing, GC/MF seem to think MSRP is the LOWEST price they can sell them for, and unfortunately, so do a lot of their customers.
        Actually, GC/MF sells very little for MSRP/List, most everything is tagged at MAP. Plus, working on commission with a very lopsided payscale, I do like to come to work and actually come away with more money than I would have if I'd just stayed home that day! I guess you think its cool to work for free though, along with hundreds of my other customers on a daily basis....

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
          i don't see why everyone bashes GC and MF. i've never had any issues with them. so what if some of the people that work there don't know every make and model that every manufacturer has to offer. i don't need them for that... that's what this place is for
          +1

Some of the folks at GC really know their shit too. Some are dumbasses. Kind of like this place :ROTF:
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            +1

Some of the folks at GC really know their shit too. Some are dumbasses. Kind of like this place :ROTF:

amen brutha!
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

While at GC about two weeks ago, I was asking about the DK2Ms and why they had NO new Jacksons. Well, they did have one in stock, but it was on hold for someone. I did, however, see something that I wasnt supposed to on the computer screen... the price GC pays for them. It was LESS than $350 (dont remember the exact number). So they are making $250 if they sell at $599... this means you can DEFINETLY beat them down in price if you get the right guy.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well it's fine not to know every model but I've heard some stunning lack of basic knowledge on guitars. For example I was interested in a guitar but the intonation was off. Wanting to see if they would throw in a tune up(it was a floyd), I said "the intonation is off" he looked at me blankly so I picked a 12th fret harmonic and then fretted the 12th fret to show they didn't match. He thought I was talking about the action! I'm fairly sure he didn't even know what intonation was.. I wish I could remember the other things I've heard there but any guestions of compatability: Will this pickup fit???
                Will a Floyd Rose fit?? are answered with "Sure, no problem"
                Last edited by tanpsi; 10-10-2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 06:45 PM.
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

Good one, Mr. Burns!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                      Actually, GC/MF sells very little for MSRP/List, most everything is tagged at MAP. Plus, working on commission with a very lopsided payscale, I do like to come to work and actually come away with more money than I would have if I'd just stayed home that day! I guess you think its cool to work for free though, along with hundreds of my other customers on a daily basis....
                      Here's a tip: get a real job. :ROTF:
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        +1

Mine is brown and lumpy. Since Im new, I just wanted to show which of those two catagories I fall in to!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                          While at GC about two weeks ago, I was asking about the DK2Ms and why they had NO new Jacksons. Well, they did have one in stock, but it was on hold for someone. I did, however, see something that I wasnt supposed to on the computer screen... the price GC pays for them. It was LESS than $350 (dont remember the exact number). So they are making $250 if they sell at $599... this means you can DEFINETLY beat them down in price if you get the right guy.
                          Exactly, just find a GC salesperson who will work with you price-wise and stick with them exclusively. I have always got good deals at GC.
                          Good deals with:
                          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I actually found a good salesman at GC on Sunday. I wanted to try out a couple of amps to compare the channel switching and effects loops. Not only was he helpful, but he was actually familiar with the gear I'm currently using and uses some of the same stuff himself. He didn't have every detail memorized for every item, but it was refreshing to deal with someone competent.

A pity that the DK2M I was using to test the amps had been manhandled by the Fearsome Finger-Cheese Beast.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                              Well it's fine not to know every model but I've heard some stunning lack of basic knowledge on guitars.

I hear you. And it's not limited to guitar sellers! Why the other day I had my driver stop the limo at that fine Irish establishment, McDonalds I believe it is named, for a sandwich a la the Earl of Hamburg style. Unbeliveably, this shabby looking ruffian could barely take the order I instructed my driver to belay. His lack of knowledge of what wine would go best with the burger CAUSED MY MONOCLE TO POP RIGHT OUT! He recommended I pair it with some foul concoction called "Coke". "Coke?" I exclaimed, exhaling a puff of cigar smoke and tipping my top hat back in a bemused manner. WHO ARE THESE CRETINS? I practically had my driver phone the police right then and there.
                              Haha I hope I don't sound like that!!!

Maybe I've been listening to this band too much:

Home page of The Upper Crust, a rock group from Boston. The Upper Crust band online experience.

But this would be the equilivilant of the GC experience at Mcdonalds:

Customer: "I'll have 2 double cheese burgers and a large fries"

Mcd guy:"Fries?"

Customer: "French Fries"

Mcd guy:"French Fries?, would you like 2 apple pies for a dollar?"

Customer: "No thanks, I'd like a large fries"

Mcd guy:"fries?"

Customer: "Right there on the menu!"

Mcd guy:"Oh, yeah, look at that! let me check with my manager, hold on a sec"

Mcd guy:"Yes, we can get you some "French Fries" "

Customer: "Great!"
                              Last edited by tanpsi; 10-14-2006, 06:41 PM.

Comment

amen brutha!
                                :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: . Yeah, I try to stay out of GC. After I leave I suddenly find my I.Q. has dropped. (No offense to the knowledgable sales members)
                                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X