But this would be the equilivilant of the GC experience at Mcdonalds:

Customer: "I'll have 2 double cheese burgers and a large fries"

Mcd guy:"Fries?"

Customer: "French Fries"

Mcd guy:"French Fries?, would you like 2 apple pies for a dollar?"

Customer: "No thanks, I'd like a large fries"

Mcd guy:"fries?"

Customer: "Right there on the menu!"

Mcd guy:"Oh, yeah, look at that! let me check with my manager, hold on a sec"

Mcd guy:"Yes, we can get you some "French Fries" "

Customer: "Great!"
    Shit, that sounds like the meeting I had with a stupid bitch at the county hospital where I live, earlier this month. I'm scheduled to meet her yet again next month. People like that should be shot on general principle.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Kind of off topic a bit. I was at the GC here locally and they had a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard priced at 419. and brand new ones for 379. same finish and same pickups. Don't figure!

Comment

this pricing war happens all the time in the uk. i won't name names, but it's often disconcerting when one shop is charging 70 quid more than the other, for the exact same guitar, whilst one charges say, 500 for a trans-black WRMG, but wants 650 for cobalt blue (both are 2006 models). well duh!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The only good thing about GC is that they stock a wide variety of stuff. I try not to buy anything there though, due to the time that I was interested in trading in my Road King for something smaller. I call them up and they say they could probably get me around $1800 for it. I thought, well it's about $200 less than I could get from eBay, but I won't have to go through the hassle of shipping it. So I drive out there, they test out the amp, it works perfectly, then they tell me they'll give me $1200 for it. So I was like, $1200 and the Vox amp I want? "Nope, just $1200." No thanks Mr. Guitar Center. I ended up selling the amp on eBay for $2200 and bought the Vox at Sam Ash.
          Scott

Comment

I have got some killer deals at GC, last summer a DKMGT for $304.00 and an SLSMG in EDS for $549.00, They have some good blowout sale prices from time to time.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I played one this weekend.. HOLY MACKERAL!! It must be all mental, but it felt so much better than my DK2 and sounded FAb.. I absolutely love the maple and black inlays..

need to find me good price on one.

Comment

I played one today at the local GC, it felt pretty nice especially for the $$'s. Love that maple board with the black inlays!

Comment

Yea i would like to purchase a Dk2m and make it my next baby!

Comment

Is the neck shape the same as previous DK2's?? I just felt better than mine

Comment

yeah, the prices on MF are crazy...

Comment

GC isn't my first choice (every Jackson I've purchased has been through one of the JCF dealers), but the problem is that where I live, the only place you can even SEE a Jackson in person is GC or Sam Ash (and the staff at Sam Ash is even worse than GC). The smaller "local" shops only stock Fender, Gibson, and especially Ibanez.

Comment

I generally will only buy from non-frnchised super stores. I will say that they are cool to go in & see a huge selection, price wise is hit or miss. I have seen some god deals (usually on closeouts, like a 2003 RR3R for $199, still kindof upset I ddn't pull the trigger). But by & large I'll pay about the same or not much more, & my local dealer treats me right. And if I don't get the best deal, I'm fine w/ that because I'm getting the service before, during, & after the sale (free neck adjustments, a professional setup before the guitar leaves the store, be able to take it home check it out through my setup, etc)
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Found the wifes recipt for christmas DK2M 499 w/hard case out the door!

Comment

gtrplr71-

Forum rules stipulate that members are not to post prices below MAP...

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/rules.php

Internet Dealers Policy:
                              In our never ending search for the perfect gear, we often get some great pricing from dealers. Do them a favor and don't post those prices on internet forums; it can be viewed as MAP violation, and it can hurt the dealer you're trying to buy from.
                              We've all seen what our local stores have to offer, and realize that an online dealer often has better selection, and much better prices. Let's help these guys stay in business so we can give them our money for years to come!
                              This is something that will be looked at seriously here, so please follow this etiquette.
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                              X