Jackson DR-3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DR-3 question

Hi...this is my first post...got a question...

I own a DR-3 that i bought around 1998. It has a wood grain look and FEEL to it. I don't think it has any clear coat on it. it's interesting. I believe that this is called gravure or something like that. Does anyone know anything about this? How many were made? Are they rare? Are they sought after?
    Everyone that sees my guitar wants to buy it. I have never seen another that looks like this. no one i talk to has either. I have been trying to find info about this guitar. I never saw one on ebay either.
    I won't sell it either way, i am just so curious as to this guitars history.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the heads up and the info VitaminG!

thank you,
    scott

Re: Jackson DR-3 question

On the other board VitaminG wrote:

Hi Scott. Welcome to the JCF. You won't get too many replies here now, most of the activity is over at the new forum. Follow the link at the top of the page.

The gravure tops were only available for a short while. Did you buy the guitar new in '98, or secondhand? I actually thought they made the gravure DR3s around '94, but I could be wrong.

Regarding the top, gravure is also known as photo-flame. It's a picture of a flame maple top attached to the face of the guitar. It is then finished over in a transparent colour, with a burst so that the edges of the photoflame are covered up

Comment

wow...that's crazy...thanks VitaminG....i didn't know any of that. Any other info would be appreciated about this too.

VitaminG...yeah i bought it online from the Jackson web page. I bought it on 1/9/98.
      Serial # is 600115
      It was made in Japan...I just double checked it.
      According to Jacksonguitars.com, it was made from 1997-2001. I downloaded this info on 10/19/2002.
      The color of my guitar is "cobalt blue satin"
      That is all i know about this guitar.

Thanks for any and all help.
      scott

Comment

I am going to try to post a photo of my guitar here. Maybe someone will see it and understand what I am tying to describe.

Scott

Comment

Good idea! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X