new here, hullo everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, hullo everybody

greetings i'm dima, almost 18 from israel.
    i've been watching and reading here quite a long time and this is an
    awesome board really- cool people and even cooler guitars!! (those 7 string custom shops GOD!!!)

i don't really own a jackson i have only a cheap korean strat copy but i'm a really big fan of jackson guitars - plays great from the few models i've played around with.

i have a question regarding setup - how can i get a action a little higher in my strat copy?
    the bridge is a regular tremolo fender style with 6 bolts.
    'cause my fingers are pretty short, small and thin an bending takes out the $%^& out of them.

tnx and sorry for the long post

hi!! use a small allen wrench and turn the tiny screws at the top of each saddle on the bridge. that will raise or lower the string height.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

tnx!!!!
      ummmm.....all the screws need to be at the same height or the height is depending on the thickness od the string? :P

and, this is ok to remove all the strings at once to do that right?
      Last edited by dima989; 10-17-2006, 12:17 PM.

Comment

height depends on the radius of the fret board. the saddle height should mimic the arch of the fret board.....does that make sense?
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

HELL NO....can you explain in other way?

Comment

your fretboard has a curve......from the low E to the high E the fretboard is not straight. usually the top and bottom strings will be a little lower than the middle 2.....hmmmmm, let me draw a picture, then i will repost...
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

You don't have to remove the strings to do this.
              As for saddle height... most fretboards are not flat... place the guitar on a table and look down the neck from the bridge, you will see that it has a slight arch to it.
              You want to adjust the saddles to follow that arch.
              -Rick

Comment

HAHAHA crappy picture alert!!!

the strings follow the shape of the fretboard.....
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

LOL :p!!

tnx people ypu're very kind!
                  to treat like that to a nOOb....tnx!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome Dima!!!!
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Baruch haba, Dima!

(That's a GREAT pic, mark!)
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome aboard from another newbie, sort of. There's so much information and loads of cool guitars here. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Dima
                            let us know how you get on with your setup

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Baruch haba, Dima!

(That's a GREAT pic, mark!)
                              what the?
                              you're israeli too(?!) or jewish american?

amm everything is fine i set up the saddles in this "rainbow" shape....now the fretboard needs to dry a little from the lemon oil(great stuff by the way)

tnx

Comment

Working...
                              X