Help Confirming Authenticity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Confirming Authenticity!

Hey guy's, I'm new to this site so I appologise if this has already been clearled up elswhere. Anyway, my problem is that I want to try and prove my instruments authenticity via their serial numbers on their neck plates but the only place I've come across that allows my to do so is the Official Jackson site, but it only accomodates USA make Jacksons. Now I'm under the impression that all USA produced models have four digits on the neck plate but my two guitars (RR3 and DK2) both have 7 digits.

The serial for my RR3 is: 9701743

And the serial for my DK2 is: 9720462

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Neither an RR-3 nor a DK-2 is a USA guitar, both are made in Japan.

USA Bolt ons have a 4 digit neckplate on pre 1990 models and CS guitars, all production bolt ons post 1989 have 6 digit neckplates.

Comment

RANDY! How's the afterlife treating you?

Actually, I'm shocked that no one else thought of using that name here before, I mean, considering....

And yeah, there's not much point in authenticating an import beyond whether it was made in Japan or not.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

At least he spelled it correctly .. .he deserves a warm welcome for that!
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hello and welcome Randy!
          There is shockingly little that can be read from the import serials. However, a bolt-on serial starting with "9", generally means it's a japanese made guitar. If Ron (RacerX) stops by, he might be able to give you a guesstimate of when your guitars were built.

Comment

RR, welcome!

I wouldnt doubt your guitars authenticity. However, if you would like to know when they were built, all you have to do is remove the neck and it will be stamped on the heel of the neck.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              RR, welcome!

I wouldnt doubt your guitars authenticity. However, if you would like to know when they were built, all you have to do is remove the neck and it will be stamped on the heel of the neck.
              Like this...

-Rick

Comment

I'm surprised Ron didn't come here and give him props for the spelling at least, haha. I got beat down like a red headed step child when I used to spell it Rhoades.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                  I'm surprised Ron didn't come here and give him props for the spelling at least, haha. I got beat down like a red headed step child when I used to spell it Rhoades.
                  Well I'd say you deserved it...

Welcome to the board RandyRhoads!
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Is nothing sacred?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: My name is William Rogers. I could have signed on as "Will Rogers". Oh, nevermind, you guys are too young.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post

The serial for my RR3 is: 9701743

And the serial for my DK2 is: 9720462

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
                      RR3: Late 2003

DK2: approx 2005

Let's see some pics, newb!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X