No announcement yet.

What is GAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my wife is constantly telling my son to watch his aim.....

oh, you guys are talking about tinkeRing. My bad
    Hail yesterday

Comment

GAS is the obsessive need to buy things you don't need and can't afford...

I own over ten guitars and three (maybe four) amps. Not to mention, around a dozen effects pedals and a couple of boxes of parts/accessories.

Live, I usually play my Strat though my Rivera amp. I use the Les Paul as a backup guitar.

The rest of my guitars usually only get played at various jams and on those VERY rare occasions when I record and need a "different" sound.

GAS is evil. But, as a musician, it is an occupational hazard.

We all have claimed that we need "just one more guitar." But, it's like a junkie jonesing for his fix. It's never "just one more"...
      "They put Jesus on a cross, they put a hole in JFK
      "They put Hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way
      "They got poison in the water and the whole world's in a trance
      "But, just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance!"

- Tonio K.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
        As for GAS......it comes from beans! The more beans you have to spend, the more gas you get!!!!!!

That's my problem also..................
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
          My old lady won't let me do that kind of thing or I would have a top of the line guitar from every manufacturer.
          I sold two guitars last week, bought one over the weekend, and have another one on order.

I am a "rotator" not by choice, but so that I can maintain marital harmony
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

What is GAS?

Easy....It's what I get when a cool Charvel or Jackson pops up for sale.

Comment

Well we have 37 of our guitars, 3 of other peoples guitars, 1 amp of ours, 1 of a friend, a whole bunch of pedals - again some ours, some that belong to a friend. We have a custom shop guitar ordered. I refuse to sell any of my babies. Although Todd every now and then brings up the subject. Never would I tell him to sell one.

We actually had to get a bigger place so we could have a room for the guitars and equipment.

I don't understand wives that won't let you have gear. It can be expensive, but so is jewelry, clothes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
                Well we have 37 of our guitars, 3 of other peoples guitars, 1 amp of ours, 1 of a friend, a whole bunch of pedals - again some ours, some that belong to a friend. We have a custom shop guitar ordered. I refuse to sell any of my babies. Although Todd every now and then brings up the subject. Never would I tell him to sell one.

We actually had to get a bigger place so we could have a room for the guitars and equipment.

I don't understand wives that won't let you have gear. It can be expensive, but so is jewelry, clothes, etc.
                THERE YA GO!!!
                My wife is actualy very cool with me and my guitar stuff. Hell, she bought most of my guitars for me. How's that for a cool wife!
                But she does get upset when I buy stuff before I actuly have the cash to pay for it. Credit cards and GAS do not mix well.
                -Rick

Comment

Do they have any meds to stop GAS (Besides Beano haha!). I bought a couple of guitars to resell and kept them all. then I sold half my collection to pay for one of them and them found a few more and sold that one to pay for them. I went from having alot of nice looking guitars that were recently setup to having some beatup ones that need TLC but are better guitars. WTF? I only made money off of the last one I sold this week. UGH! I just sold some that I really regret selling but I try not to piss off the wife with buying to many when we can't afford it. Its OK I still have 7 guitars.

Comment

I have one guitar that is a beater that I take with me on vacations and airplanes, etc...

I have one that I use to play out (my PC1).

I have 2 customs with a 3rd one that I am going to get next year. Gotta see which bolt on I like the best - Jackson, Robin or Suhr (24 fret).

I have one kick ass amp - Framus Cobra with 2 - 2x12 Bag End Speakers and a TC M3000.
                    I have one small amp - Marshall 20 watt Valvestate with a Boss MT2 and a Boss RV3.
                    So one big set up and one small amp to haul around for fun when I jam.

To me that is resonable. A reason to have everything - or is it rationalization?
                    It would be cool to have different amps but I don't need them. It would be cool to have 100 guitars but they would never get played.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post

Women like that acually excist?? I'm in total awe!
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                      X