a Re-introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Re-introduction

Hey all, I used to post on the forums years back as Disco Dave. I didn't post too much so I expect no one to recall that name. I tried to gain access but appeared that my old name was no longer valid. I figured I would just make a new acount and re-earn the status I once held. So on to the info:

Name is Dave, reside in Indianapolis area.

I haved played in a couple of bands, but my main project right now is an epic-fantasy power metal band based on an original story concept by our drummer. I just joined the band recently and they have been playing for 2 years or so, with a 7-9 month hiatus when our keyboard player was diagnosed with luekemia, but his health is back to close to normal and our first return show is actually tomorrow night.

I have had a strange history with jackson, I first started playing bass and the first bass I wanted was a jackson kelly bass, but I never ended up getting it. Then when I started playing guitar, the first guitar I wanted was a Warrior xt. I ordered this one, but musicians friend sucks and after months of waiting, I finally gave up and cancelled. My second guitar was however, a Jackson DXMG which I purchased through onlinestagegear about 2 or so years ago, of course the thing that lead me to make my purchase there was of course, this awesome forum. I later bought another DXMG off of ebay as a back up, but am currently letting the other guitarist in my band borrow it until he pays me for it. He was using a browley or something, and has a few gibsons. Needless to say, I have him wanting to trade in his SG for another jackson haha.

I'm currently trying to finish putting my rack together, and after that make another Jackson purchase, the famed dk2m in snow white. I really love the Rhoads model as well, but I found the bolt on neck didn't really give great access for higher register playing on it, but it could more than likely be that I was sitting down haha.

So after my long and boring post....

Its great to be back!
    Epic-fantasy power metal

Lorenguard Official Site

My solo recordings

Welcome back, Dave!

I guess your nickname went from ghey to ULTRA GHEY!

J/k
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, welcome back, Disco Dave! I remember you.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

BTW, your old name is still in the system. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/member.php?u=10655
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I know it was still in the system, it let me log in, it just told me that I didn't have access to any forum what so ever, I had more priviledge as a guest? haha, at least I can rightfully earn back a status though, makes me feel worthy or something?
          Epic-fantasy power metal

Lorenguard Official Site

My solo recordings

Comment

welcome back, Dave!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Welcome back, Disco Dave. I remember that screen name, who wouldn't?!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Welcome back, I do remember that name as well.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Hi Dave!!
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Wow, the Budman Dave is here too! Welcome back to you too, bro
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Welcome Back!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        Wow, the Budman Dave is here too! Welcome back to you too, bro

yep, still kicking, my friend -
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                        X