HOW!!!!!!!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW!!!!!!!!!???

how do some of you guys afford such sweet guitars and have so many do you have normal jobs and are still paying off beautiful guitars or you just are well off?? not meaning to be nosey i just cant belive how nice some of your guitars are and how many of those nice ones you have haha
    [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: HOW!!!!!!!!!???

I was able to afford cool stuff because I worked for the company that made it and I still live with my parents.

Everyone else has credit cards. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL @ BM! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's exactly correct!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

what kinda ESP if I may ask?

Comment

Deals are still to be found if you look around offline. I just traded into a '86 last of San Dimas era Soloist the other day from a local guy. He was a Jackson dealer in Portland Maine starting in 1984. This guitar fell off the display, was damaged, nobody wanted it because of the damage. The guy closed the store down after getting in trouble with the IRS in '88, this guitar has been sitting around ever since. I cut the original strings off of it myself. I traded him some old guitar parts I had about $75 into (but had a market value of about $300) straight up for the guitar. I know there is more deals like that out there.

[ March 14, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Well, I spend nearly all of my income on guitars and gear. That's pretty much the only way I've been able to buy what I can, as has been said, I wear Jeans and t-shirts till they wear out... the fact that my truck payment of $388 a month was done two years ago also plays into the factor a bit.

I don't get very many screaming deals, but I do get a lot of very fair deals. Just keep an eye open, and get stuff ...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Same here. Jeans and t-shirts. My '91 Toyota 4x4 is paid for. I don't own a killer stereo system or a big screen TV. I don't have racked up credit cards. I don't have many "luxuries". I don't have much of anything else, actually.

Comment

Well I don't have a big stash of stuff as some of these members do, but I am working my way there. Basically as said by others, I buy t-shirts and cheap jeans. If the shirt is more than $12 and the jeans are more than $30 (usually $20), I will not buy them. As for nice clothes my wife will generally get those for me. Of course the King V was mostly the wife's doing. So far I haven't found many deals, but I am still looking. Save and find a good price on something you want, and keep the extra's to a minimum
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I don't spend my disposable income on anything else.

I rarely drink, only go out if a band I really like (like Article 13 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) is playing.

For 'gifting' holidays and events, I ask that folks take half of what they were planning to spend on a gift and just give me cash.

I buy the love 'o my life nice jewelry (we try to keep everyting even), and keep a running tab of my 'guitar fund'.

I don't waste my coin on little stuff, the wife/kids/relatives will take care of that on the holidays.

If I really want something - I visuallize it to the nth degree. Put a pic on my computer desktop, pin a pic to my studio door, put a pic in my wallet to encourage saving (instead of spending!).

I'm 38, and until 3 years ago only had one good axe (750xl). And I had that for 12(ish) years.
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I have a Sugar Daddy! J/K... I'm [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] spoiled and am compensated for working 24-7!

Mama Riotwatch

Comment

A great job, limited debt and being a cheap S.O.B. is how I've always done it. My wife and I use the same budget now that we used seven years ago when I was making 1/4 of my current income. This allows us a few more luxuries and to invest more $$, without effecting the management of household expenses. Two cars - one payment - and a mortgage...that's it.
                      She has a good grip on my nad...otherwise I'd blow all my dough on guitars.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

After Forever, it was a ESP Viper Custom Shop model; I believe it was a plum or purplish color. The seller was selling it for his friend, who was a prior endorser. I forget the endorsers name. I thought about buying the guitar for about 4 days but it was already sold and I had just bought my Beast.

Comment

I think my situation applies to some other people.

We really can't afford it. We just take risks, and get in debt and then pay off the debt then get back in it again. It's a neverending battle.. but it's worth it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't. I have Ibanez stuff, so it just "looks" expensive [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Word,

How can you be bundled with debt at 14????
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                              X