Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOAIP: It's time to get finished already...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budman,

Don't get me wrong he doesn't own the info but he has all of it as he was working on a searchable database for it ...

Henrik,

You are 100% correct because a lot of those images were donated by JCFers to K.E to create the original database. When FMIC told us they owned it because they bought it we had a bit of a pissing match over it. At one point we had jumped servers and ended up on Jacksons server at AMIC. Shortly before the sale we moved to chicagowebs. Thank got we did because it ight have been assumed they would own the JCF domain as well because it was on the same server
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      Don't get me wrong he doesn't own the info but he has all of it as he was working on a searchable database for it ...
      Would that be a database like... put in a serial and DING! out comes a full spec sheet + pics? There possibly can't be enough info available for this to be true, or?

I'm also wondering how the interface to the MOAIP was planned to be. Would it be an offline application? Or an online html driven thing?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

It was more or less being able to search based on options to models etc. Pick a set of options and each model that has given options pops up or pick a model and all options for that model come up etc
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Is it possible that someone who knows what they're doing with this kind of database, to get it from Todd and take on the project?
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

it'd be cool if someone could. Plenty of folks have offered in the past, but Todd has been reticent to hand it over (or accept help with it, for that matter)

It is, after all, just a database of pics & specs.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

No matter how much work it will be converting the model spec info from static HTML to a searchable database, or to rescan and replace old pictures with new scans or pictures, I'm positive there are enough people here willing to work hard and dilligently until it was accomplished.

It is a GREAT reference, and I know I sure miss it.

Any PHP programmers here?
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm not advanced but I think I can work on it if that's needed I know php, mysql, html etc.
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Kev is right, I don't come here much at all anymore. From time to time, I'll come to this forum for some information. I stumbled across this thread and reading through, there are some things that need to be set straight.
                  1) As far as I am personally concerned the MoAIP is dead. I don't own the data, it has always been the property of the JCF. Though, I DO own my work on it.

2) I had a working application. Problem was that it worked from my server, but not the JCF's server. I was working on that problem when the board was cut-over. After the cutover, my access to administration and background tables was removed.

3) I am not "reticent to hand it over". I was never asked to "hand it over". There was a version on the JCF server, however I do not know what happened to it. The working version I had on my site is being converted for use of a future feature there.

4) The MoAIP I had created was a drop-down menu that one could use to see a spec-sheet and picture(s) of each model. Future iterations planned were to have the user add a couple of features and then search the database for matches.

5) As far as refusing help, I have always felt that too many cooks spoil the brew with things like this. I'm not an expert at PHP and MySQL coding, but offered to do this learn and to offer something to the JCF.

Obviously I don't have much, if anything, to do with this forum anymore, so it's free-reign for someone to work on.
                  Last edited by Tekky; 11-15-2006, 07:16 AM.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Well then, it looks like the Search Engine is going to get a workout.

I'll start a new thread to start collecting the info, which will be a group effort. Finalization into whatever format will have to be done by someone with the coding skills (certainly not me - I know HTML, and I can make Excel/Quattro do some stuff, but that's it).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

why not start with the info you have accumulated, let others add to it, and we as a group will decide what is valid information, as far as we know?
                      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

*bump*

>.>
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I know Python, C++, C, Java, Perl, Ruby, Pascal, Fortran, BASIC & Scheme...
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                          X