No announcement yet.

The Mother Of All Info Threads: Part I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a Wiki section here, so that people can freely contribute to it...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Maybe I misread the rules, but should the following also be listed?

Musicians Friends runs like the Marty Friedman and the Dave Mustaine Series
      The Shannon Rhoads Replicas (Seven were made)
      the 25 Original Rhoads replicas made recently (like the one Zakk Wylde has)
      the nineties Dave Mustaine PCS series king v's
      The Japanese replicas of the original rhoads (dont remember how many were made)

More to come later... battery dying... DOH...

D

Comment

• By the way I may be getting a USA made Japanese replica with v trem original rhoads from the 90's I should know by the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          ...a USA made Japanese replica...

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            There should be a Wiki section here, so that people can freely contribute to it...
            It used to be called the classifieds

Comment

• Maybe by the weekend I can make a little sence. about my JDM USA LTD VTREM

Comment

• Originally posted by diego_inc View Post
                Maybe I misread the rules, but should the following also be listed?

Musicians Friends runs like the Marty Friedman and the Dave Mustaine Series
                The Shannon Rhoads Replicas (Seven were made)
                the 25 Original Rhoads replicas made recently (like the one Zakk Wylde has)
                the nineties Dave Mustaine PCS series king v's
                The Japanese replicas of the original rhoads (dont remember how many were made)

More to come later... battery dying... DOH...

D
                I'd suggest focusing on the production models first (Charvel Model models through current USA and non-USA production models), an overview of the pre-1990 USA "production" models (Student/Custom), and then later down the line individual Custom Shop models (not to be confused with the "Soloist Custom" etc models - not all pre-1990 models were built according to a dealer-submitted/customer-specific order form - they did have certain "standard" models that were made to stock stores and for reps to have a physical sample.

Somewhere in there will be the non-USA-market production stuff.

Still rounding up pics and developing a workflow structure, plus I'm in the middle of a "simple" computer upgrade.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• I was looking for the specs of Big Red and I ran across this thread.
                  What ever became of this Matt? Is it finished?

Maybe I read your original post wrong, but I thought this was going to list the specs for each model that you listed? Or was this merely a list of the models sans specs/info?
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

• It's supposed to be a Community Effort, rather than one guy collating all the info and then being swamped with "real life" and thus unable to finish it.

Basically, if you have info, post it here. Once it's all posted, it'll be harvested to weed out the discussions, then put into one massive thread that has nothing but info and pics without discussions.

IIRC the Big Red run was Poplar wings, maple neckthrough, ebony board, MOP fins, 22 jumbo frets, ivoroid binding, non-recessed OFR, Duncan Distortion and Jazz, 3-way, Vol/Vol/Tone (or was it V/T?)
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

• Oh yeah, now I remember! Henrik put up his catalog scans in December of 2006, and those have probably 90% of the info that this project would have contained - models, years, specs, pics, etc - and everyone seemed to be enjoying his site so much that I pretty much left it at that.

So, with that, I'd say use Henrik's site for the main info and we'll just fill in the blanks on stuff that wasn't in the catalogs.

Comment

• As xenophobe mentioned above this screams wiki at me and would allow all interested parties to collaborate on the information in a visible and useful form. Emails and long forum posts like this make the info. practically unmanageable if you ask me.

My work involves hosting enterprise level wikis, specifically one called Confluence. A project like this may be eligible for a community license (free) for the application. So if anyone is interested, please PM me. I may be able to sort something out.
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                        X