Charvel 750XL opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 750XL opinions.

I would like to get some advice / info from you Jackson/ Charvel guru's. I admittedly dont know much at all about Charvel's.

The main question I have is how does this model stand up compared to a USA select Jackson (SL1/SL2H) . The 750Xl is neckthru and Japanese made right?

quality and pricewise do they come close?

thanx for any info/advice

750XL is setneck & made in Japan

check the Import Charvels section. there are probably more discussion threads about the 750XL than any other single model.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The 750Xl is an awsome guitar. If you ever wanted a Les Paul scale length guitar with the comfort of a carved top strat. Than this is the one. I love mine and its lately been my "go to" guitar. It sounds great and plays even better. Extremely well made and worth every penny i paid for it.
      Gil

Comment

Yeah, the 750xl. I've had 3 of them. They are quite possibly the best Charvel ever made. They compare favorably to any USA Jackson ever made. Period. I don't care about price, year, import/domestic. etc. The 750 xl will stand head to head with any guitar out there, Jackson or not.

Comment

I have also owned few 750s , five of them . They are great guitars , you can not go wrong with buying one.IMO they will give a USA a run for its money.The only reason I do not have them any more is I am a ebony board snob.So I went after its cousin the Jackson Archtop Soloist Pro. Same guitar just thinner and with ebony.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I got one about 3 years ago, and it has been one of my favorites ever since. My only gripe was that the original pickups were OK, but not the greatest. I recently put in a Distortion / Pearly Gates combo, and now it sounds as great as it plays. It's a hard one to put down. The price of these has gone up recently, but I still can't think of anything that competes with them in terms of features & playability for the money.

Comment

I like my 750 better than my 2 USA Jacksons

Comment

I really like the playability of the hardtails. I don't care for the floyded ones as much and IMO, I have other branded floyd equiped guitars that play better, but it may just be a matter of proper setup as well.
                The stock pickups are rather darker sounding.

Comment

Awesome guitars !!! If you can't get your hands on a 750XL, then I would strongly recommend an AT Pro !!!

Look at these peas in a pod:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I had a 750XL. Great guitar and really well put together, just like all the Model 5/6's and 550/650's.

Comment

I bought one of Mike's. It's my main player.
                      I already had an M6 that I thought was awesome, but the 750 suits me even better.

Comment

i've just seen one of these on ebay. carved top body, ebony board, reversed sharkfins, standard jackson headstock (paint to match body). snow white finish. this one's got a black trem. i've no idea on the value of these, but it looked frikkin sweet!
                        Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-21-2006, 11:24 AM. Reason: revised description
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          i've just seen one of these on ebay. carved top body, ebony board, reversed sharkfins, standard jackson headstock (paint to match body). snow white finish. i've no idea on the value of these, but it looked frikkin sweet!

DOH! lol yeah thats why I was asking .I've been eyeing that one. I'm totally gassing for a white SL2H or simular guitar and saw that one but didnt know anything about it.

since the cats outta the bag here it is-

I love the archtop , heel and horn scallops on it too.

But is it too pricey? would I be more sane just to buy a new SL2H?

The same seller had this customized SL2h that I fell in love with and started this snow white guitar gas for me. But it got backdoored.

Last edited by Mikernaut2; 11-21-2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            i've just seen one of these on ebay. carved top body, ebony board, reversed sharkfins, standard jackson headstock (paint to match body). snow white finish. this one's got a black trem. i've no idea on the value of these, but it looked frikkin sweet!
                            That's not an ebony board though - it's stained rosewood.
                            I also think the price is way too high on that one. But he knows what he has, and the item seems accurately presented.

I remember that guy, btw. He posted those pics here at the JCF at some point.

Comment

i want a 750xl

Comment

Working...
                              X