Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jackson DR-3 photo

yea, nice finish. I like that.

Definitely NOT a gravure top. A gravure top is a photo of a nice piece of figured maple under a burst finish. also known as photoflame.

I don't know what they called that finish, but I've seen it in black too. It looks like it's a solid finish, but thin(?) enough that the woodgrain shows through.

ps. that fretboard looks like it could use a nice, cool drink of lemon oil [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Re: My Jackson DR-3 photo

Nice. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It looks like it might be a swamp ash body, but not sure if those models used ash or not.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not sure, but that looks like a DR5 to me. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

My Jackson DR-3 photo

Here it is now...let me know if any of you have seen one of these before and anything you can tell me about it. As I said in my other post...how many might have been made....etc...i'm curious to know more about this guitar...no one i have talked to yet can tell me anything about this. I was told it is a gravure top but now I'm not too sure. I bought it new on 1/9/98
        I hope this URL works
        Thanks,
        Scott Kent

Comment

Still working on it....i'm very new to all this computer stuff
          If you go to this silly website i created you can look at the guitar.

I appreciate anyone that takes the time to do this.

Scott Kent

http://hometown.aol.com/scottdarkriv...e/profile.html

Comment

here ya go

cool finish [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.
              thanks for the help with the photo too.

when i bought it online i bought a DR-3 so if it's a DR-5 then someone messed up

it's a great guitar though...i love the finish..yeah the neck needs to be oiled

I'd still love to know how many of these were made and in what other colors and such. Black does sound cool with this finish...

Comment

sweet guitar man. I dig the swamp ash and the finish! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a DR-5 for sure, and I believe that finish is called Cobalt Blue Satin. I have a USA DR-2 in the same finish, and I'm seriously thinking of tracking down another DR-2 someday. If you're ever thinking of different pickups, an SD Full Shred sounds great in an ash body.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think the DR3 had chrome satin hardware, too. Unless earlier models had black? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, on the stuff i downloaded it says that this guitar has the Cobalt Blue Satin finish...i guess maybe it is a DR-5 then. Well...I was sent the wrong info for this guitar then.
                      Thanks again for all the input!!
                      Scott Kent

Comment

Working...
                      X